Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ 4.0 File Name Problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there,

I name all my tracks in the following format, Track number-Artist Name-Song Title, so that if i have a compilation with different artists the track order remains unaltered in the folder.

I've noticed a strange bug. When VDJ 4.0 reads any track from number 1 to 19, the information appears like this:

Title: 01-Song Titlle Author: Artist Name

Which is perfectly fine.

But any track numbered 20 or above is displayed as:

Title: Artist Name-Song Title Author: 20

So any tracks from 20 or above are read as if the track was the artist name instead of a track number.

What can I do to fix this? I do not know how to produce name parsers. I think this is a very simple thing to fix in future versions of VDJ.

Comment: This problem aside, I really like the new version, so keep up the good work!

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:43 pm
Hi,

i would like rather read the complet file name of the file (and not the tittle) in the browser of virtualDj 4,0, because i use .wav files and Flac files and no id tags.

How can id do this ?

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:16 pm
I'm afraid that it cannot be done. I suggest that you rename all your files into one of the formats specified (e.g. 01-Artist-Track Name). If you use Media Player, you can change the Rip settings to rip all your songs with wathever name you want. Then you have to change your library settings to change the names of your files to the selected rip settings. Hope this helps.

I would still like to know an answer to my query above...

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can confirm your issue and will raise this as a point to be fixed to the dev team.
Great notice and excellent post. Can't guarntee the fix, but it is an obvious bug.

Thanks, vidanes!

cstoll

Mensajes Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:37 pm
Cheers for passing this onto the team.

Hope they can solve it in 4.1

Mensajes Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 9:35 pm
Did anyone fix this with a parser file?

Mensajes Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:42 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
VirtualDJ read the files as Artist - song.mp3 if I have:

Jay-Z & Beyonce - Crazy in Love

the vdj parser put Jay-Z & Beyonce in Artist and Title: Crazy in Love

If I do:

Jay - Z & Beyonce -Crazy in Love

You have Artist: Jay Title: Z & Beyonce -Crazy in Love

The parser separates Artist - Title because the structure " - " (space hyphen space).

Hope this helps a bit,

Mensajes Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:06 am
Hi acw_dj,

thanks for your answer. I was already aware of the hyphen issue. For that reason I always name B-52's as B 52's (as an example). If you read my original query you will see that it was rather around a bug thatt I've discovered. If I name my files Track Number-Artist-Track Name, tracks numbered 20 or above are displayed as:

Title: Artist Name-Song Title Author: Track Number

So any tracks from 20 or above are read as if the track was the artist name instead of a track number.

I know someone raised it to the team, but I though someone might have fixed this with a parser file. Although it'd be really cool to have it fixed in 4.1

Mensajes Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 12:01 pm
So I guess nobody has an answer to this...

Mensajes Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 4:51 pm
Many thanks for fixing this in 4.1! The development team is great and really takes seriously any suggestions made. I'm really proud something I picked has been solved and I can now say this is the best software team and community in the net that I've been part of.

Congratulations for having the best DJ software around!!!!!

Mensajes Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 9:12 pm
Yes , the software is growing day after day, regards.

Mensajes Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 9:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)