Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ 4.0 - Rock Solid for me- except when Analysing Tracks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi All

Used VDJ 4 at a gig on Saturday, was flawless, very happy.

My Database was a bit of a mess so decided to scrap it & start right over. (after Gig)

But when i analyse my tracks VDJ 4 freezes everytime. Have tried analysing via the Local Database link and by highlighting all tracks in the browser window. Starts off ok, come back to pc 45mins later, VDJ is frozen!

havent got any screensavers, or power managment options enabled, no other software running, PC is completely stable all the time, just doesn't like analysing!

Tried about 12 times now, seems ok if i analyse <=50 track at a go, but i'd be here for ever doing it that way.

Any known issues or words of advice?

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:52 pm
maybe a bad file somewhere in your collection?

Try analyze folder by folder, and then group of files, until problem file is found.

I have at least not seen any bugs regarding this yet... but you never know.
Still, my guess would be a corrupted mp3 file.
That, or a folder/file that is protected.

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:05 pm
I don't think it is a bad file as ive tried analysing different large groups of tracks (500 in a go) it always freezes. Unless maybe ive got loads of corrupt tracks???

Anyhow when ive had corrupt tracks previously, im sure VDJ 3.x use to identify they were corrupt and move on...

Maybe the database itself it corrupt? if i rename the database and start VDJ, will it create a fresh new database automatically?

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:15 pm
digimixer wrote :
if i rename the database and start VDJ, will it create a fresh new database automatically?

yes...

If you get this regardless, it might be one of two

- memory leak bug in VDJ when analyzing tracks in 4.0 (if so, maybe someone else can confirm or check)

- some power managements going on at your PC, that conflicts with the analyze task after a while.

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:19 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think Norway right, I had this problem and it turned out to be a bad track, very annoying when crashes after 8 or so hours, just do folder by folder as Norway suggested, and also create a save database shortcut so that u can save the current database inbetween scans without turning Vdj off and on

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:22 pm
Thanks for advice people, will give it a go tomorrow and update thread.

Girl frend is calling me to bed so must go! (There are a few things in life more important than VDJ!!!!! ...only a few though)

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:28 pm
lool ;)

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:30 pm
Damn!... i'm back, turns out she only wanted a cuddle.

Wish VDJ could analyse my girlfriend!!!

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:35 pm
There is too many bugs in the girlfriend analyze algoritm to be released now , but maybe for VDJ 5.0

hehe;)

Mensajes Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 10:38 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I think that the reason to crash in the analyze proccess is the same as with the girlfriend and the bed : Heat, (because cpu runs at maximum)
Be sure you have the pc in a cool place even try a big fan if you have many files to analyze, and then go to bed..

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:31 am
had this same issue with 3.4 but it turned out to be corrupted mp3's so I created a shortcut CTRL+S, analyzed folder by folder, and saved each time it was completed.

Mensajes Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 6:26 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had the same problem with 3.4 and it was a corrupted mp3.

I removed the little booger and all is fine.

I can't blame VDJ since I'm the one that put the trash in the system, I take back all the mean words I said to you VDJ, you know I LOVE YOU. :^)

Mensajes Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 6:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)