Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: CJ - Computer-Jockey: The real term to us, computer mixing users?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi:
Recently we started a long thread here, in Brazil, about the word "CJ", designed to DJ´s with to create and to mix only in computer machines, without vinyls, pick-ups or other tradicional equipment...

See this definition in Urban Dictionary:

"computer jockey (as opposed to DJ or disc jockey). comes from the theory that, since many DJs no longer spin actual vinyl, and the spinning of CDs on CDJs may even wane in the future towards complete use of sound files, the title of the DJ should also change to represent the shift in our culture towards all digital media, and to indicate the ending of the "disc" era."

What you think about this? You agree or desagree?

I think with i´m a CJ ;)

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 2:17 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well.. if we look at VDJ, many users uses TCCDs and TCVs with VDJ. So better term would be DiJ as Digital Jockey. But for those who use external controllers that is not cd-player or TT, it would be CJ good one :)

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:37 pm
Well, vinyl spinners are not called Vinyl Jockeys... But disk jockeys too.
Guess its a wide use of the term "disk"

In that logic, a hard-disk is also a disk... So one using a computer would still be a DiskJokey :)

Just different disks... vinyl disk, cd disk, harddrive disk, etc:)

According to Wikipedia a disk can be a "Recording media", and following exaples are used:
- Gramophone record (commonly "phonograph record" in U.S. English)
- Hard disk, aka "hard drive"
- Floppy disk
- Compact Disc, aka CD
- Digital Versatile Disc, aka DVD

So I'm still a DJ ;)

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:55 pm
Yes, I'm still a DJ too...

Even if I mix vinyl, cd's, mp3, or all together.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:46 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I dont need a new "label" now, i play for more than 20 years..
You can call me "dj" its ok for me.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 6:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For me too :) DJ is ok. Although there is known word "DiJ" for DJs who don't work with analogous sources.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 6:16 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can call me Dart Vaider... oh, no, I meant DJ, LOL! Another mind resting topic here :))

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 8:46 pm
They can call me shit head, as long as they call, and I keep getting paid. That's because I'm an old ho, and will do "almost" anything for money. I am still a DJ, because it is not what I use, but what I do. I'm riding the "music" not what it's on. That's where the term originates from. It just translated into riding the "Disc", with the introduction of the 7" record, known as the 45.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 10:16 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
"Shit head"
Well thats a good one Rick.

I think what he is asking is kind of specific, in 2000 I was called an mp3j by someone which is where my name originated.
Technically though we are still using discs, just hard discs.

Mensajes Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 11:30 pm
I kind of like "multi media manipulator for the purpose of auditorily and visually stimulating the human race"

Mensajes Wed 20 Sep 06 @ 11:41 am
triple M ?

mmm Lopez

sounds like and old wolf having taste on the Little Red Riding Hood
bur rather some girl that looks at me and says this ;-)

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 6:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in my expeirance

ppl who are poor djs who wont modenise

and cant get work

use computers as a stigmatism to blame other people for their lack of bookings lol

and look down on computer users

like racism in the past in england when , forieners where frowned upon as they where seen to be taking all the jobs in areas of high unemployment.

, vdj is far more than a computer program its a hybrid system of hardware and software as previously posted :)

its all music , i belive however its played

or made its all music

so every one here is a dj :)

Mensajes Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 11:38 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's think it's all lame anyway.

Mensajes Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 12:50 am
Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm sorry Computer-Jockey sounds WAY too nerdy - I mean how many chicks will you pick up by saying "Hey I'm a computer-jockey?"

;)

Mensajes Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 6:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)