Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: a bangin' *wedding* reception!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hello! has anyone ever performed for a wedding reception before? because i sure haven't! :) anyways, a friend of mine and his fiancee have asked me to perform a 2 hour set at their wedding reception, which is in about a month here. i was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for songs that would fit the theme (if that's what you wanna call it!). we're gonna keep the music around the club scene though, that's for sure :)

just looking for some input. i've got some songs in mind, but mebbe someone else out there has some great ideas too! thanx!

Mensajes Sun 11 Jul 04 @ 4:26 pm
I've never done a wedding reception, but ive been to loads, you gotta have a whole mix of different music because you gonna have people of ages from 5 to 90!

Most weddings start of with classic well known tracks, tracks that won't put off the older contingent of your audience. Then the latter part of your set you can start with the more 'banging music' as the oldies should be drunk by then and they will dance to anything!

Also, i guess u gotta keep in mind what the Married couple like too!

Mensajes Sun 11 Jul 04 @ 4:37 pm

Mensajes Sun 11 Jul 04 @ 6:03 pm
Weddings every weekend here and I use VDJ for all of them. I preprogram a lot of the music that my clients select in advance for easy access.

Mensajes Sun 11 Jul 04 @ 6:53 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
will you be announcing all the dances? what i mean is bride/father groom/mother etc. if so a good mic will help lol
as far as what to play i would ask them to be safe or get a general idea from them it's not good to mess up what will be one of there most memorable days good luck with it..

Mensajes Sun 11 Jul 04 @ 11:39 pm
you're right, i'll ask them to be a little more specific. see, they're big clubbers (just like me!) and they wanted that kind of environment during the last part of the evening (and most of the fam will be gone by then anyways >:)

i was thinking of keeping the happy/lovey stuff flowing without getting too cheesy. the bride loves stuff like "loving you", by marc et claude, so i'm definitely gonna take it there with some kinda remix.

they basically just want a party. i just wanna keep it so that the music can let their love beam out like the brightest glowstick in the world :) !

heh, thanx a lot for the tips though! oh yeah before i forget, there is like a real commercial dj that's gonna be doing the first part of their reception - he's gonna be the guy with all of the music for the 5-90 age range :) i'm just whipping out the phat beats after he's done (since i'm closing it out!).

Mensajes Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 12:16 am
TOP 25 BRIDAL SONGS

1 WONDERFUL TONIGHT ERIC CLAPTON
2 AMAZED LONESTAR
3 UNCHAINED MELODY RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS
4 WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD LOUIS ARMSTRONG
5 CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE ELVIS PRESLEY
6 THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT FRANK SINATRA
7 BREATHE FAITH HILL
8 BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME CELINE DION
9 I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING AEROSMITH
10 AT LAST ETTA JAMES
11 HOW DO I LIVE TRISHA YEARWOOD
12 I DO (CHERISH YOU) 98 DEGREES
13 HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY ROD STEWART
14 THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS BETTE MIDLER
15 (EVERYTHING I DO) I DO IT FOR YOU BRYAN ADAMS
16 THAT'S AMORE DEAN MARTIN
17 WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN PERCY SLEDGE
18 OPEN ARMS JOURNEY
19 FROM THIS MOMENT ON SHANIA TWAIN & BRYAN WHITE
20 THANK YOU DIDO
21 IN YOUR EYES PETER GABRIEL
22 HERO ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
23 YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION CHICAGO
24 JUST THE WAY YOU ARE BILLY JOEL
25 I COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE EDWIN MCCAIN

(source : mobile dj beat - www.mobilebeat.com)

Mensajes Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 4:32 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
good luck low..x

Mensajes Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 8:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)