Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: full video show mix

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

im not sure how many have a system setup like mine , (2600 gigs of videos and 47000 songs on mp3),

but im trying to find the perfect mix of audio and video

so far ive been doing about 45 min of audio and then 15 to 20 min video, after 20 min i find video looses it's noveltie,

i combine video with movie clips and music video's along with stage shows and walk around acts,

anyone have any sugestions on the "perfect format" my eyes are open

oh yea, my club is top 40

www.rumjungle.ca

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 3:36 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
By 2600 gigs of videos I'm hoping you mean 2,600 videos cause 2600 gigabytes of videos might be possible in another time but not on these current motherboards, Videos are always a good thing it keeps the crowds attention

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 8:41 am
lol

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 5:11 pm
I am in the same boat... When I am mixing tunes everyoe is dancing and theres a crowd but after a few songs of video people start leaving...What gives????

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 7:18 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Once you get a feel for your crowd you'll keep the floor packed, In places where you aren't limited to 1 or 2 genre you have to feel what they want at a givin time. also in places that arent limited you will never make everyone happy most people think your just there to play for soley them. so if you can play diffrent types of music try to mix it up so that everyone has a chance on the dance floor

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 7:25 pm
I can't understand this "I play video and people leave" routine. At the end of the day, you are catering for a much wider audience than you think. Look outside the box, I'm a venue owner so I HAVE to look at it this way and it's why video works for me, you have

1 People who like to dance to whatever genre (huge sub categories here)
2 People who don't dance but love music (again huge sub categories)

Now, introduce video and you are giving another form of stimulus that integrates some of the sub categories, ie

1 People who don't like the tune but do like that particular video
2 I love this tune but the videos crap
3 I'll stop dancing and watch, I love this video

Now I've only touched on the surface, but consider this, you have introduced more ways to stimulate people, the thing is, you've also introduced more things you can screw up!

Read your crowd, mix with them, ASK them what they like!

At the end of the day, you do your job at a club, you get your wage whether you do well or if you do crap! My 'wage/income) is dependant on my performance! Does that make me try harder? Does the fact that you still get payed at the end of the night make you try less?

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 7:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is Video and then there is Visual Entertainment - at the club I work, we have been using video since it was possible in VDJ 2.1 -- our attitude from the entertainment side (the DJs and Mgmt) is that we are providing a visual enhancement to our venue. Yes, we have the big screen and several TVs through out the club, however; it's not a IN YOUR FACE here's the Video attitude. Also, the big thing is STICK WITH IT!! If people are leaving do you really know why? Are you taking exit polls? Honestly after doing this for the last year and a half, people are actually upset when I have the NEW song but not the Video for it. But there is also the occasional surprise of "You have the video!!"

As a suggestion, if you aren't using the videos as the night starter (that first hour or so while people are just showing up) then do so - some place I have seen they are running ads or regular TV programming and then once the club gets busy they try to swap to video and it gets a mixed reaction from the crowd.

But all in all the big thing is STICK with IT - people will get it and start enjoying it.

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 8:03 pm
1. it IS possible to use 2600 gigs im running a RAID array of sata 2 hard drives 2 - 750 raptors @ 10000 rpm with 2 - 500 preditor @ 10000 rpm in addition i have a 75 for the OS and when you rip down a complete set of promo only and etv in vob format it exeeds these drives,im adding another 750 in a month

2. i agree that all your points are valid regarding format beacause each room is different, however, i gues the what i was trying to say is sometimes the croud is mezmeized by the video aspect and you need to break it up somewhat,

i am also a club owner and i find that if their dancin their not drinkin

it's hard to discribe this club without seeing it in action, we spend over $2000 per weekend on entertainment, $500 per month on confetti, and $1000 per month on cryogenics and thats over and above what we spend on bands

i love video it totaly rocks, i was just wondering if anyone has found the "perfect mix"

www.rumjungle.ca

Mensajes Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 4:13 am
Where is this club? Somehwere in canada?

I must visit.

Steve

Mensajes Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 10:55 am
There is no "perfect mix". Entertainment programming is a living, breathing animal. It moves with the night (and the experience of the dj/vj). Many "chains" have tried with jsut music to find the "perfect format" and most have failed within a few years because they try to create the same music in each and every club. You can't even effectively do that in a single club from week to week let alone clubs in different cities. Ad in video, lgihting, foam/fog & cryogenics effects and you come up with a rough draft outline and let your dj/vj and effects jockey fill in the chapteres each night.

Mensajes Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 3:59 pm
Hey quick question ive been on youtube and have seen alot of neat remixes of music videos that id like to add to my downloaded collection, is there a website u can buy them from, like the club remixes and stuff? please get back thanks y'all

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 12:25 am
Mix93fmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've used video since the 80s's as I've been lucky to always have worked in clubs with the latest gear & back then it was sony video equipment & telegenics (remember those days!).

I still think the whole crowd dancing, drinking & having a good time boils down to programming - whether it's mps, cds or video. I use as many videos as I can - those who are not dancing are at the bars drinking and checking them out but I also play non video stuff & put effects & photos on the screens.

You can have the best equipment, resourses or music library ( any format) in the world but if you don't know how to program to your crowd then it's all a waste! Not saying that is the reason for the questions posed in this thread. This is one of the fundementals in our craft - keeping the punters & club owners happy - you can have a packed dancefloor all night (pretty easy to do) long but no one drinking - quick way to lose your job. Boils down to balancing the programming - video or non video entertainment.

By the way - VDJ 4.0 rocks - I use it (on a Dell latitute 810) along with the Pioneers - no problems.

Thanks to all that contribute to these forums - I've learnt a lot - and i've been in the business for 26 years or so!!!!

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:14 am
i seemed to have touched on a subject that everyone can relate to,
it's great to hear what djs from around the world have to say, and even though everyone is different i see some simalarity in programming, at the end of the day were all here for a good time

by the way my clus is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in West Edmonton Mall (the worlds largest shopping center)

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 3:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
therealbjthedj wrote :
, (2600 gigs of videos and 47000 songs on mp3),

this is possible as stated with a raid array

was bored so i thought id throw that in lol

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)