Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: New CrashGuard

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,
I'd like to suggest a feature modification, which could be helpfull in some cases.

Even the best software may crash (not for its fault, but for hw interaction or other). It sometimes happen that vdj gui freezes (except for the waveform) or crashes completely. in some cases the music is still playing, in other cases you hear only static, or buffer repetition. However, in most of that cases, crashguard is not triggered.

What I suggest, is to give the chance to the user to manually launch crashguard.exe (or similar) to start a new fresh instance (with music playing) and to kill the faulty one.
[in case of more instances, we may specify the pid..... ideas are always welcome!]

I think this would help a lot!
Thanks,
Pier

Mensajes Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 2:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would be a cool idea

but it might be a bit tricky to do

Mensajes Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 3:36 pm
I know it would be tricky..... (I'am a developer too:->)

one way to that, might be wrapping the virtualdj.exe execution with the crashguard. so each vdj will be triggered by the crashguard (like sqlserver, or asp.net). the crashguard may be loaded on the tray, one per instance.
the crashguard instance periodically would poll (in some way) it's instance, and may change color to notify which instance is being faulty
the user is left the choice to select an appropriate context menu to have the instance killed.
additionaly, there could ne a menu to "identify" the associated vdj instance....

this is one idea. maybe somebody has something better.

pier

Mensajes Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 3:50 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
very wise , think thats a good idea 2 lol

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:39 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)