Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Question about re-installing (downloading) 4.O Pro

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

I have downloaded 4.0 pro on my desktop. I have just bought a nnew laptop.
I want to do a NEW install on the laptop.

I was informed that I should do this and copy my XML files.

I have not made any changes to the crates in virtual DJ, becuase I do all organization and file naming in WIndows explorer. I have just added some comments in.

On the desktop the audio and video are on the harddrive, but I am putting all on a new external hardrive for the lappy.

My questions are:

1) WHich XML files would I copy and what is the point of copying them?
Will copying the XML files keep my old comments on the file names?

2) I changed some registry to move columns. Will this be saved?

***3) How do I download 4.0 pro again? Do I need to contact someone (e-service) and tell them and then wait for something?

Thank you for a detailed step by step response, so I can have 4.0 pro now on my laptop working exactly as it does now with my desktop..

B

Mensajes Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 7:14 pm
1) Copy the file "VirtualDJ Database (Username).xml", where Username is the user you normally log into your windows. Will probably be administrator by default. This file contain gain levels, bpm info, start position, stop position (for automix) for scanned and played files. It also contains your cue point and comment data.
You could also save "shortcuts.xml" if you changed or added cue points.

2) It is not saved. You will have to make the same changes again on your laptop. You could export your registry settings or use the tool from dj cel

3) You will have to contact e-service. I recommend to place the install file you download on a usb stick, on your hard drive or on a cd. In this case you don't need to wait for e-service. They will open the download link for you again.

Ewout

Mensajes Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 9:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)