Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Trailing effects? (Rever, Delay ect.)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

goombaHome userMember since 2006
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, because when I use effects that have tails (are supposed to continue getting softer) like delay or reverb, the effects stop when I stop the record. Is there a way to make the delay trail after I stop the record (like it would using an external effects processor)? This is the way it should be, most hip hop djs beat match two songs for example, begin mixing the second one in and stop the first with a beat-matched delay (typical of djs who use cd players). If there is a way to do this in VDJ I would like to know.

I am using v 4.0, and I read in the description of 4.1 that they have redone the effect engine. Could they have solved this issue? Ii havnt installed the newest version yet, but I hope that either I am missing something or its been fixed in the new version.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 11:36 am
Don't know much about it, but pressing stop stops all processing on the deck, including effects. Tryed pause?

Mensajes Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 1:13 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sadly, all the effects in VDj (VSTs also) behave the way you describe (pause doesn't help, of course) with all the versions up to date (including 4.1). I asked long time ago to have an option of "active" effects that work as in music production sequencers (i.e. Cubase, Reason etc.), where they process the signal independantly of the "timecode" (not reffering to TCV).

My guess is that this way (in VDj) effects are working too inefficiently and probably take up more resources than actually would, and in most cases produce unwanted results when the deck is played in reverse, scratched etc. It was probably also the cause of many crashes with early versions when using these plug-ins.

I really hope to see the "normal" effect host implemented in VDj in the future, but had not seen no (public) conformation yet that it is either being worked on or considered.

e

Mensajes Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 3:35 pm
thanks

Mensajes Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 8:02 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree with erxon. This way I can also "merge" standalone Microphone FXs made with BASS.DLL, and add "standalone" effects, like in standalone hardware (FX devices or mixers for example).

Mensajes Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 8:10 pm
PrivadoHome userMember since 2006
i like the virtual dj

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 3:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Privado wrote :
i like the virtual dj

glad to hear it hope to see you as a pro user soon :)

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 11:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)