Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Sorting/Search: 2 Long

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
When doing a search and then clicking author or title to sort alphabetically, the sorting takes awhile in 2.0. Too long, like it's doing a scan or something. No longer instant like in previous versions. Why is this? Is there a way to get around this?

Mensajes Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 5:55 pm
oh, also, on my home computer, i just have like 200 songs and the search/sort is near instant; it's just on my dj setup that it takes too long to sort after search alphabetically-- which has about 20,000 songs. But again, in previous versions it was instant even with the same amount of songs.
Maybe it's something on my settings I can change to fix this?

Mensajes Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 6:20 pm
I had the same complaint earlier. It really is a pain. Can this be fixed in the next version. When I sort it takes forever to see what is in my search. Like it is sorting through the entire database rather than my 30 sorted songs. This was instant in 1.09. Thank you...

Mensajes Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 6:39 pm
This probably has to do with the new database format: it's more accessible since it's XML, but I think that this is what slows down the searches/sorting. There is nothing we can do about it (only the Dev Staff can fix this).

macourteau

Mensajes Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 6:45 pm
Dang!

I'll have to go back to 1.09 til a fix goes through (fingers crossed). Real pain to wait for it to stop sorting; almost defeats one of the many big benefits of being digital: the ability to call things up quickly.

Dang!

Mensajes Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 7:11 pm
update: now fixed in 2.01. Yeah!

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)