Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: XP10 Questions... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I understand that the controller sold through virtualdj.com does not come with VDJ, however...

Is this a "special" version of the hardware designed to work specifically with VDJ?

Any added features to the hardware that would not be in the "generic" box purchased elsewhere? Any limitations?

Does the hardware have that red Virtual DJ emblem in the center of the wheel as shown on the product page?

Thanks for your time.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 11:28 pm
The XP10 was designed to specifically work with VDJ thats why there was a delay in its release because there were problems :)

Mensajes Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 11:41 pm
I saw one posted on ebay that works with some other program.

Here's the link.
http://www.eks.fi/
Im confused.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 1:47 am
This is the same controller, but not the same firmware. The VDJ controller is adapted for Virtual DJ and supported, not the other one.

Coyote

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 2:26 am
can the other one be adapted? (firmware update)

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 3:10 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Only two softwares are officially working with XP10 :
- Virtual DJ of course
- Bison, the freeware that you can download directly from Eks website.

Besides, I just want to say a word about the problem we encountered with XP10 units. This was NOT a problem linked to VDJ customization. The problem has been identified on the unit by eks and solved by eks. (see their website for more informations)

Last to answer another question : YES there's the virtual DJ logo on the platter ;)

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 5:36 am
I personaly think the units very good but are way overpriced for a stand alone unit!

d00d5ter

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 9:40 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I wouldn't say the units are overpriced...

A top dual soundcard (£100...there abouts)
a standalone controller (£100 - £xxxx)

Considering that this product is much more than standard and has the touch sensitive plate for cueing and scratching it is superior than any current controller ;) ....(in theory..not yet tried)

the price to me is right and would be concerned if they were much much cheaper..., i do think though if i was marketing the xp10 i would certainly do a multi buy offer...reason for consumer:

1)the xp10 is a stand alone deck ( like a single cd player or turntable).., the active desk in the software can be changed which makes a single unit useable....., but any expirenced dj or pro dj will definentely want two. So many of us want 2!

2) the xp10 is a controller and dual soundcard...as only one dual soundcard is needed (the other not being needed)...the secound xp10 in the equasion only serves as a controller.., only then can it (in my opinion) be justified as over priced!.

reasons for retailer:

1) the cheaper a product is sold the more customers it will attract.., in this case the people who want 2 are showing a great interest in the product.., and are due to spend double the price..., this means the profit margaine can be reduced without it being unreasonable.

2) it will attract unsure costumers to buy 2 instead of just one..., rather than buying just one for now...they wont want to pay more later...., so will more than likely buy 2 together...

3) Rewards dedicated users who have purchased the software, keeping people loyal.

just a few points and my opinion...., bagpuss

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 5:35 pm
So £394.52 for 2 units is about right?
Then the cost of the software on top of that so that takes it upto £470ish, then of course all this is still useless until you have the hardware needed to use the units and software in the first place. (not just some £300 very low spec PC)
Thats why i think they are overpriced.
It all adds up, and to me personally i think i'd rather spend that bit extra and get some CDJ's or similar.

On the flip side i suppose it's aint bad if they are used proffesionaly and they are going to pay for themselves or better still the venue is ;) but for the average joe who mixes etc as a hobby its a big price for what your actualy getting.

I would love a pair of XP10's but I dont DJ or mix for any money nor is it my living so they would not financially benefit me, its my hobby, I mix for the love of music and for the artform so i guess i'll never be able to afford some XP10's :(

The multibuy offer sounds good as would a small discount for VDJ Licence holders ;)

d00d5ter

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 6:59 pm
hi,

and yes the price of the xp10 is not too high ( see my last post for my opinion) but about right considering what it actually features..., and the edge it would give you as a digital dj..., a controller of this standard would really compliment vdj and better any cd solution....., consider the price of the best cd players on the market like technics, pioneer and the like......, for a single player it costs somewhere in the high hundreds....

for that same price of just one cd player you can have the needed spec laptop and vdj software too!...., so you get two decks, mixer, effects, sampler, advanced beat features, active waveform display, and a 15inch lcd screen....plus a whole lot more for the price of one player!!

and don't forget what else a computer can do that dedicated hardware can't..., dvd player etc...

consider also this..., the price of mp3's on the net are very cheap...like .99p each for any song (licensed)...you can't buy records or cd's for that price...., and compilations don't have just the songs you like...., so for the love of music, mp3 is the answer..., and to have all your songs on hardrive is a massive massive advanage over cd's..., it will spoil you..., and you'll never want to go back..trust me ;)

xp10 however is a pro option for working dj's or people getting set to be working dj's...., you aren't either..., you said you mix music for the love of it and as a hobby...., so it seems to me you need a comprimise if your looking at hardware...

Entry-price solution for the low-budget dj = hercules controller..., (see products)..., this is very popular and will exceed your needs ;).

my point here is that a laptop, software, and hardware isn't cheap but is cheaper than it's nearest competition being other software and the very latest cd players......, but still these don't touch on vdj......, the best set-up for once isn't the most expensive :), regards.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 7:37 pm
My father has a set of $1200 golf clubs he uses twice a year if he is lucky.

I'll be using my $1200 DJ setup (at home, and free parties for fun) twice a week at least.

It's all relative.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 11:41 pm
Oh, wanted to also add that I agree with the above. The Herculese console is great fun for playing around at parties.

It's what turned me on to VDJ and mixing in the first place.

Careful though, you'll end up having so much fun with it that you'll find yourself justifying spending a bunch of money on new toys. :)

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 11:44 pm
Yes i own the DJ Console and at first i was impressed with it, but i think that was mainly due to it was one of the first if not the first PC/DJ equipment of its type.
Now having played with it, its ok, nothing more nothing less.
I find im using the mouse more than the DJ Console infact pitch, channel vol and headphone support is just about all the console is used for.
But due to its reasonable price i'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I still stand by my comments that the XP10's at the moment are over priced but hey thats my opinion.
They will drop in price thats inevetable.

I am aware of the pro's and cons regarding mp3's but there are some decent cd players with basic sampler's, jog/scratch wheels etc that are mp3 compatible out there which could be bought cheaper than the minimum setup needed to make the XP10's a working unit.

What we all need as the end users is more competiton in this specific market, I would imagine some of the big boys will be watching the whole scene closely and if viable they will bring on the competiton.
Then as end users will we have more choice, competiton and i can bet your bottom dollar there will be a huge reduction in price of the XP10's.

I cant blame the manufactures or whoever set the price on these units, as basicly they can charge what they want as they have no serious competiton so of course they are going to milk it and get as much as they can while they can.

But whilst in this monopolistic market the price will be and continue to be dictated to the end user.
Also please lets not make this into a back and forth overpriced/right priced thread we know your opinion with regards to the pricing of the units and my opinion is also known.
Lets agree to disagree :)

d00d5ter.

P.S. Do you actually own XP10's? If so, forget about the price, what do you think of them? Whats good and whats bad?

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 9:45 am
I will be ordering the xp10's shortly ;)

and i don't think we really disagree..., i too am aware that the price of new technology is priced high because it's "new" and not really because of the "technology"..., just look at the new tvs...

i was saying that 1 xp10 to me is reasonable but 2 units wouldn't be very cost efficent (at the moment)...

so yes i do agree..., but it's really a case of asking yourself if you need these or not..., if you don't need them and just want them then it's a case of waiting for the price to soar...

or alternatively accept the price like i have..., i didn't want to spend £850 on my laptop but i just new i had to have one...., and now i can say it was money well spent...., if xp10 is the product you really want you wont be sorry if the end product is what you expected....

so it's a case of asessity, your needs vs your wants, and budget..., just here to help :)...., bagpuss

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 1:53 pm
Let us know what you think of them once youve had time to play with the XP10's :)

d00d5ter

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 3:17 pm
ok, will do...

and how many people here have ordered xp10?...or two xp10's?

If you haven't yet ordered like myself what ae you waiting for?

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 5:11 pm
Well, I'm waiting because I'm picking up all the equipment at once so it is going to hit my pocket pretty deeply.

2x XP10 = $800
VDJ = $100
Mixer = $200

Can anyone recommend a mixer? I don't need top of the line, but I'd prefer something of decent quality with programmable fader curves.

If anyone at Atomix is still reading...What's up with this firmware change in your version? After buying the Hercules console and it's "full" version of VDJ, forgive me if I'm a bit skittish. Can you reassure me that the special firmware version of the XP10 will be supported by both EKS and Atomix?

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 10:30 pm
for the money you want to spend look at numark..., they have many new mixers £165 - £215...

and are good value for money..., many of which feature crossfader curve adjust...

I've just ordered a vestax mixer(£285)..., see here

http://www.djempire.co.uk/prodinfo.php?ProdID=2300

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 11:12 pm
Is it just me, or does the xp-10's look really "plastic:. Im interested in buying two, But i dunno judging by the pics, they look too much like toys to be honest. Im debating between the xp-10's and D-Vinyls. Thnx Guys

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 8:13 am
Hmm...

what to say.., the xp10's are platic yes....

For me the d-vinyl controller looks very proffesional and best used in a rackmount..., the d-vinyl is much like a cd controller

On the other hand is the xp10 (which is considerably cheaper not doubt) that is more like a virtual vinyl deck..., and in my opinion to have 2 xp10's and a mixer would work very well....

it's completely a user preference..., consider how they look, imagine how you would work with them (e.g does it have the features you want), would it suite your mixing style?

personaly the xp10 ould suite me better because i like the idea of left channel to my left and right channel to my right (the traditional kinda set-up).

he xp10 again like the hercules is a bit of a consumers product..., works very well, is it made to look stunning?..probably not..., the product was probably made as cheap as possible and then is sold for as much as is acceptable...= maximum profit (because the amount of consumers it attracts).

For me i would like to see an xp10 deluxe edition and would pay double the price and just have one :)..., but is that realistic as a manufacturer?..., not unless you have a bigger cut of the market...,

no disrespect at all as the xp10s weren't manufactured by virtual dj..., i'm just stateing how i think it is...,

My friend the choice is yours but beware there will be more of this kinda hardware along in the not to distant future..., it's not like cd players where new models are released anually..., it's developing so there are many manufactures developing hardware as we speak...., because they all have the same goal..., to be the market leaders in these new products..., but it wont happen overnight...., we are the investors because we're here at the seen early on.....

not an easy decision..., but just to say there will be more and i'm not biased towards what will be better..., not yet.

vdj are doing a gret job at staying on top... and then some :)

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:29 pm
83%