Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: MP3 Volume

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Guys

Just wondered which technique(s) you find best to get all your tracks to the same volume??

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:01 pm
in VDJ there is a function called AUTO GAIN in setup that will play all music in the samle volume level.

There is also a LIMITER in setup that will prevent them from playing to loud (use this one carefully, as it changes the feel of the sound)

as a general advice, I have found that putting the gain for a song to below zero,
for example at -4db, and use AUTOGAIN, works best

Also, there are 3rd party software that will NORMALIZE your whole mp3 collection to be in the same volume/gain. Such programs as MP3GAIN or MP3DOCTOR etc will fix this.
I think most people who use this usually set the db to 96db...

I know MP3Gain and mp3doctor are recommended as they use a good way of normalizing. If u use other software, try one song first, because there are some normalize software that does a bad job (bad analyze of track, and normalize in a bad way)

hope that helps

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:14 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i use mp3 gain it works for me .. but i only use it on the song i have that are too low sometimes i might use it for a mp3 thats way to loud ..it's a good program

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 10:31 pm
The only problem i have with adjusting the gain is that the dj console skin doesnt HAVE a gain control.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 10:43 pm
other skins does.. try other skin :)

Mensajes Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 11:00 pm
probably need to, grown attatched though.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 2:32 am
I do use autogain, but it doesn't seem to work very well sometimes (for me anyway). Will get a big difference in volume when fading over and have to quickly adjust volume via the Hercules controller. Is really frustrating!

I also use MP3Gain, but admittedly have only used on about 75% of my tracks.

Also when i use the limiter i really can hear the volume drop noticeable on some tracks when they peak, which doesn't sound too good.

Grateful for any advice u guys may have!!

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 9:43 pm
Sorry DJ-IN (nice abbreviation i reckon)

Didn't read your post properly, you pretty much answered all my questions. Thanks!

I notice you say that you set your tracks to 96, i find i have to set all mine to 89 to avoid too much clipping, how do you set yours to 96 without experiencing distortion??

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 9:47 pm
hi again ...

you are right, i would also use about 80-90db

i said "most users" as there was a discussion here before on the subject, so kinda went with the flow on most liking 96db... but I have the same feeling as you, it can cause some distortion :) so i would rather go for a lower number :)

try and see what works best... i havent used this software much, so cant really tell.... but it seems right to be at between 85-95db. As long as you have the same for your whole collection, u'll be fine :)

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 10:03 pm
Maybe its to do with how loud we play our music, i guess if the volume isnt played so loud the distortion isnt so noticeable.

We must just play our music louder then everyone else!!

Crank it up DJ in Norway!!

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 10:25 pm
lol ;) i can tell u that i really do!! the louder the better... if its too loud, you're to old... lol

also, use gain BELOW zero in VDJ for loud play.. about -3 or -4 db, and autogain on..
that gives the best loud result somehow (no distortion)

loud is the king! :D

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 11:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)