Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 2.01 not as smooth

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is anyone noticing a difference in the way 2.01 is playing? The songs are loading slower. When you click on a folder there is a pause before you see the list. There is also a pause when you do a search, or load an effect. I just reformatted my laptop to start fresh and wasn't sure if it's everyone program hoggin more memory than ever or just something i did in the reload. My startup time has been signifigantly decreased and the the sort problem was fixed though. Any suggestions? I have a gig of mem, 2.6 GIG Pentium 4, plenty to go around and even tweeked the computer for ideal performance. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 11:35 am
No such problems here.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 12:18 pm
No pb too :)

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 12:22 pm
No problems here either... :)

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 1:53 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i can relate..., the same happend to me

as it did when i first installed version 2, (my computer is high spec too)...,

do you have the id3 tags parser installed?, and/ or the database updater?....., the problem is here....

another thing is to unset the current favourite folders.., then select your collection folders and set them...., re-scan the hardrive...., close the program and start up again.

but in my case the problem was the first or maybe both.... please note that when you resolve the problem you'll soon see how this version is faster than the previous ;)

let me know :)

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 2:02 pm
The database updater will not affect VirtualDJ's performance since it runs externally, and not while VDJ is running. All it does is that it updates the database with the ID3Tag's BPM, but this will not slow down VirtualDJ since it does not scan for the ID3Tag while VDJ is running (it changes the database's content).

macourteau

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 2:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes i understand my friend..., but this problem i too expirenced and i'm still fixing (in some way, long story)

and the problem isn't your software :)..., no, not at all.

but it is linked with ID3 tags and the files statistics...

if the user with the problem is getting the same problem as me (sounds like it is), then i think i'm right...

regards

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 2:07 pm
Actually, I have the comlete OPOSITE "problem"... true!!

VDJ 2.01 runs a lot smoother, songs load faster, database works a whole lot better, search is faster (and I can now search within folders again!), brownse is faster... and startup is ALOT faster!!!

I'm dead sersious! :)

I am very very very very pleased with VDJ 2.01 - and its the fastest smoothes version I have had running! SERIOUSLY... even faster than 1.09 that had a LOT less features...

On the other side, I did have a PC clean-up resently (reinstalled Windows, cleaned up harddrive for more space, and got rid of some background apps)..
Maybe this is something to look into for you two who have performance problems?

:) regards,
dj-really-happy-with-2.01-in-Norway

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 2:41 pm
Thanks for your suggestions. I will it try tonight and report back. :)

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 5:50 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DI-IN-NORWAY.....

What was the search problem you were having before??? I don't remember that being a problem in 2.0....

was this a known problem or just something you were experiencing

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 7:14 pm
a known problem.. ;)

in history of fixes:
vdj 2.01
- Database sort corrected

had a problem with that... when I searched and sorted

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 7:24 pm
vdj 2.01
while anylizing folder vdj crash....... and the folders i was anylizing was lost.......... currupted and not usable onthe pc.
lost over 10gig that was been checked by vdj...

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 6:58 am
touchofclasssound, are you saying that VDJ made you lose 10 GB of mp3 ? Or just the database ?

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 8:52 am
the files MUST be there still.. if u go to that folder with windows explorer

now, u need to get VDJ to see them agian.
Right-click on the "database" icon in VDJ brownser, and select "scan hd" to make them appear again.

If not, shot down VDJ, and go to the VDJ folder.
(1) delete mp3database.txt
(2) restart vdj
(3) scan hd w/ rightclick "database"

now, it SHOULD be there ;)

its perfectly safe to delete the mp3database.txt, don't worry

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:11 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)