Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What happens to Pitch Slider Position when

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

If you are using the the time coded vinyl and your turntable pitch is at say +2.0, what is the resulting speed when you load the next track without changing the pitch slider on the turntable ?

Additionally, does the pitch slider on the vDJ skin (GUI) always follow the position of the turntable slider ? ...just wondering

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 1:28 pm
The pitch slider in VDJ does not follow the one of the turntable. The two are totally independant and add each one's pitch change to the other. Besides, the one of the turntable always acts like it's a real turntable, which means that it does not take into account whether the time stretch is on or off in VDJ. It's always a no timestretch pitch modification. So if you want timestretch you must use VDJ's slider instead.

So if you let the slider of the turntable on say +2% then there will always be a +2% shift in the pitch you hear in VDJ. For example, +1% in VDJ + +2% on the turntable = roughly +3% all in all. And if you have timestretch on in VDJ, it only applies to the 1% that VDJ manages.

Hope i'm making myself clear.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 1:52 pm
MMMHHH... Not entirely correct. Seems like they act independently only when beatlock or auto-sync is on, that is when the pitch in VDJ changes on its own. Otherwise it might follow the pitch changes of the turntable. I guess you should wait for an answer from someone who owns a pair of time coded vinyl :o)
The answer above was just from what I understood of how it all works.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 2:11 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)