Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Time coded CD - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bobojamHome userMember since 2003
Is there a time coded CD available, if not, is it in the plan?
J

Get a free ipod

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 1:17 am
We plan to release a wav file for use with cd decks. This will more than likely be for full version users only.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 7:37 am
VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds great :) (excuse the pun!) Atomix always one step ahead ;) The wav file would be great, but I'm waiting to hear what they (the developers) think of my idea :)

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 9:19 am
what idea would that be?

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 11:22 am
VJ_EchoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, if I told you and everyone else, then it wouldn't be my idea ;) lol, let's just wait and see what they have to say, but I can say that if it is so, then it will be great :)

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 12:29 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
theoretically al you would ahve to do to make a time-coded cd is to make a high quality recording of the time-coded vinyl anyway, and just burn that to cd. the cd player will output the same information as the turntables would and you can just use the time-coded vinyl support that has just been implemented

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 1:05 pm
I know djzero ideal will work because many users of PCDJ Scratch have alrady done this.

Double O

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 3:39 pm
If the VDJ team will supply a wav file for VDJ users would be great. Then you have the original signal (Without hum and noise from ripping). This could also be used for testing purpose.
Ewout

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 7:22 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What would the setup be like if there were such CD's Available.

How would u go about hooking up your laptop to the cd players?

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 8:51 pm
*LOOL*

you could for example use the cd players I use often;
Pioneer CDJ1000

great jogwheel for nudge AND scratch w/CD's, and with timecoded cd's you could controll VDJ with them...
pitch/nudge/scratch/play/cue/stop...

exacly like timecoded vinyl + turntable can

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 9:07 pm
what i meant was how would u set the wiring up....

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 9:26 pm
just plug the line outs from the cd player into your line ins (and use the time coded vinyl function

Mensajes Wed 28 Jul 04 @ 9:28 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
More detail is needed before i can fully understand..., but from what your saying a cd deck could effecively replace xp10..., and xp10 would now be the cost effective option?

in that 2 pro grade cd players aren't cheap ;)

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:28 pm
yepp :)
xp10's would be a cheap way to go...
as pro decks are expencive

but some of us working dj's have pro decks at clubs we work at, so would be great to have timecoded cd's also ;)

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:30 pm
in my opinion time coded will never be as good as a midi controler simply because of how the data is manipulated. for example automatic loops probably wont work correctly on most cd players because there is no actual data about the song which it is playing to calculate where the loop starts and ends (it might calculate a bpm for the time code but will not for the actual song playing). time coding adds much greater support especially for scratching and basic features but there is also no way of customising any controls.
my perfect setup would be 2 numark ttx1's or cdx1's (with time code) and a d vinyl controller. lcd screen etc... this would be pro enough to work anywhere anytime.

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:36 pm
but yes it is a great feature to be able to just stick a cd or a record on a club setup and play away...

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:37 pm
The only thing is you would have to unplug the turntables or cd's from the mixer which I'm not sure how many clubs will let you come in and start unplugging stuff. and usually the mixers are screwed into a case with the wires not even being exposed

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 2:46 pm
true... :)

but also expencive ;) lol
but that would be the ultimate setup :)

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 3:39 pm
i'll have at least the d-vinyl controller and the lcd by april next year, stanton str8-60s will have to stay around abit longer... (please add australia for a country to send time coded vinyls to...) as well as my beheringer dx500 mixer. its too expencive to replace everything at once... bit by bit though i can do. i'll get there eventually and then i can build my ultimate road case.

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 3:52 pm
Has anybody burned the time-coded data to CD and tried it? I have a dual player that I was going to $ell. However, I might use it as a controller for VDJ.

OO

Mensajes Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 5:56 pm
63%