Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: The Ultimate Guide to Broadcasting With Virtual Dj - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

erldprlPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Help please.........

I have tried everything from opening up tcp 8000 and 8001 in the firewall, dounloaded shoutcast DNA Server, when I broadcast with VDJ alone I get the adress at the bottom then we put it in another computer to try to listen and we get the ol cannot open page try again, I have tried to to enable the shoutcast DNA server but it sais error oppening client socket FATAL ERROR some other process is using this port. so I dsiable VDJ and start Shoutcast again then it sais client main thred starting but at the bottom no source and then I open VDJ to broadcasting and I get Broadcast error cannot listen to port 8000 so 1. are they not compatible 2. Do I have to use winamp. 3. What do I need to use or do to use VDJ. And finally I am using a Sprint broadband pantech air card is that my problem?

Please help I am going to throw this mess in a crusher if I cant get it to work.............................Thanks

Mensajes Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 3:29 pm
i dun know how to broadcast ... i've done all the descrptions and i doesnt work yet ..

i've opened the winamp player and i put the URL in it put it didnt conected ... what can i do plzzzzzzzzzz help

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 9:20 pm
Hi all, My name is Joey and I live In ireland,

can somebody please help me here, because I am trying to broadcast from virtual dj, and i cannot for some reason,

do I Need to get codes or something? Also I have shout cast also which I find total cool a lot of good music there too.

so if any one has an answer to my questions please ask me at my following e-mail address, XXXXXXX

thank you for taking the time to read this
---------------------------------------------------------

Moderate by spinna
No email or contacts is allowed from no license user. Thanks for the understanding;)

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 6:10 pm
In this guide I will talk about the technical aspects and legal aspects of internet broadcasting I hope it proves useful to you :)

image of option screen use this if u get stuck on where to place things :)

Bits you need

1 x computer

A connection to the internet preferably a USB modem

USB modem :

Router:

I will talk more about routers near the end of this guide as they have a different setup

At least 128 upload speed
Speed Test

And port 8000 unblocked on your firewall or the port you wish to use (not sure which port don’t worry il explain in moment :) )

There Are two basic options you can choose when using a USB modem

Please now proceed to the recording Tab of Vdj and go to broadcasting

And then broadcasting options

You will notice 2 options …

Use Virtual DJ as a server :

this option allows you to use your own computer to broadcast ,

Available formats for this mode :

Are Shoutcast - mp3 or ice cast .ogg

Shout cast is in my opinion the best option here as mp3 will play in any player that supports streaming

Now you are asked to pick a bit rate , try 96kbs to start with and if you find this lags lower it , especially on slower connections

You are now asked to give a name to your stream

Call it what u wish to

Then you are asked to pick a number of listeners :

to work out how many listeners you can support , use this sum every listener takes up 14 kb of your memory so if you have 512 of ram and then you consider how much ram your applications need of this
You can have a rough idea of how many to choose , start low until you have that many tuned in ,

Remember the amount of bandwidth you have and your upload speed are also very important factors in picking the number of listeners you will allow

Please also take a moment to read the legal advise in the next section..:)

another important thing is

its crucial that on your firewall you unblock port 8000 or you cannot stream!
Here is the guide to adding an exception to windows firewall
http://www.brooksnet.com/setup/firewallsetup-sp2.html
for other firewalls consult your manual or ask your system admin still not sure email me at admin@skyfxlmedia.com il do my best to help 

Option Two:

Stream to an external server

For this you need a host to host your external servers

International copyright law states that to play copyrighted music you need to pay royalties and have a licence for non private purposes , so if you intend your station to be listened to by any one else except your friends (about 10 of them)

You need to apply for a internet broadcasting licence

This can be done in two ways

You can pay for a hosting service which acquires a licence for you up to a certain number of listeners ie

Live 365!
however if you wish to make money from the station or advertise or have larger listener numbers you need to arrange to pay royalties also via a pro package.

or you can use a free host such as listen 2 my radio

such as listentomyradio!

and pay for a licence separately

for citizens of the Eu you can purchase a licence here

prslicencing

Now lets talk about the setup ..

in this mode you have the same options again

Available formats for this mode :

Are Shoutcast - mp3 or ice cast .ogg

Most Hosts prefer that you use Shoutcast

Now again you are asked to pick a bit rate , try 96kbs to start with and if you find this lags lower it , especially on slower connections

Now you will notice the box called host :
Your hosting company will provide the following info

Address : 70.84.232.223

Port : 8000

Place the address in the host box and the port in the port box

Now its crucial that on your firewall you unblock this port or you cannot stream!
Here is the guide to adding an exception to windows firewall
http://www.brooksnet.com/setup/firewallsetup-sp2.html
for other firewalls consult your manual or ask your system admin still not sure email me at admin@skyfxlmedia.com il do my best to help 

You will also be asked to name the stream pick the name you wish

On sign up your host will have asked or provided a password to access the server

Place this in the box called password

Now press ok

You are now ready to stream  to your external server

Broadcasting behind a router

a router is a device which allows a connection to be shared between computers ,

however this comes at a cost , your connection to the internet is not direct

your connection is routed

so broadcasting ports are not accessible on the internet so you cannot stream from vdj as a local server

unless you go to your router config and forward port 8000
you will find instructions for this in your router manual

if you find this to confusing or you do not want to bother with this simply broadcast to an external server it will work fine :)

I hope you have found this guide usefull

If you have any questions post them here or email me or msn me at

admin@skyfxlmedia.com

i followed all your instructions and i cant seem the listen to it from my other computer

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 10:08 pm
djadzyHome userMember since 2009
I love the guide however.

I'm trying to broadcast at WadioMedia, they're running on a icecast server (i think), we have the icecast format but there's one thing missing.

To connect to the server I need a Mound, on VDJ it doesn't have a Mound feature.
Is there anyway I can get this Mound feature to work With V-dj?

Without the Mound I get a reply from the server only. 'The Server Replied: '' '

Any idea how I can fix this?

Sorry, I think it's the Mound from SAM broadcaster. that's the feat. I need.

Mensajes Tue 12 May 09 @ 8:01 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
pdnmusic wrote :
Why I can't write in Spanish here?

why diddnt you just upload your spanish version to rapidshare and post a link? prolly wont get deleted that way.

Mensajes Fri 15 May 09 @ 1:48 pm
you are not detailed at all, its like you barely cover the basics and then bail out, awesome

Mensajes Sat 23 May 09 @ 3:51 am
you guys, there is so much crap i am swimming through trying to make this thing work, you make it sound so easy, idk if these directions are old as dust, but i have virtual dj 5.0 and the latest winamp and im trying to put the two together so that a few friends can listen in and its being a little *****, someone help, and explain for crying out loud.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 09 @ 4:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj Tolentino wrote :
If I don't have a router can I also broadcast by opening ports 8000 and 8001 as I already did?

If you connect via a USB modem then no port forwarding is required.

Mensajes Sat 23 May 09 @ 7:14 am
Any idea of why I would be getting an invalid password over and over? I have triple checked the password and for some reason VDJ will keeps telling me that Server answered: invalid password. This is not really possible anymore. I am not sure what else to do.. Any ideas please? Thank you!

Mensajes Fri 29 May 09 @ 9:20 pm
Hi which version are you using of VDJ?

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 3:42 am
Hey all

When im broadcasting people can hear my cueing but when your here live you cant hear the cue. What am i doing wrong here? Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 8:41 pm
PezmcPRO InfinityMember since 2010
What about using it with icecast on an external server?

Mensajes Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 2:07 pm
can you do it though wireless because it is saying i havent got lame even thought i have been trying a lot of lame ones and it isnt working for me could you help me please

Mensajes Sun 21 Mar 10 @ 10:59 am

Mensajes Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 2:33 pm
I can broadcast just fine with the virtual dj (byitself no shout or ice cast) and also with just winamp (using shoutcast) I can also use virtual dj and broadcast through winamp(using shoutcast)the problem is when I try to use virtual dj and shoutcast. After a few minutes I tend to get an echo that after about 20 min or so it more like the same song being played just a second or two later. now this is only when it's being broadcasted via shoutcast. On my end it sounds great. Can someone give me some insight on how I might be able to fix this?

Mensajes Mon 10 May 10 @ 7:58 pm
paidia 8elw apto virtual dj na kanw broadcast radio...dn mporw omos...8elw voi8ia

Mensajes Fri 14 May 10 @ 12:57 pm
I was hoping someone might be able to help, but it looks as if no one can. Anyway.. the problem is worse when you "mix" if I do just play a play list it's not as bad as quick. Anyway. I can't seem to figure this thing out.. I do know that if I have "Dead Air" the echo is bad and there quickly.. SO COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

Mensajes Sun 16 May 10 @ 9:13 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 9:02 am
Broadcasting in mp3... But can't people listen to me LIVE or do they have to save it on the computer memory in order to listen to it after? lool

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 10 @ 5:17 am
82%