Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Why using video is so hard: This doesn't make any sense (video)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I used the ripper that came with VDJ and videos were synched fine audio with video.

The same video that worked fine 2 weeks ago now has a 5 sec delay between the audio and the video.
this sux!!! not just is it bad but I wont know until each one is played live if it is going to happen.

I used smartripper and that seems better, but 2,000 videos done in VDJ's ripper, OH NO!!

any advise?

tx

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try a full boottime defrag

www.diskkeeper.com

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:10 am
can I just defrag the one file to test?

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:23 am
Are you saying that I need to analyze and defrag (in windows) my external HD to prevent this from happening?
Will it fix videos that are off? How often do I do it and are there any negative consequences?

tx

i saw your post on windows defrag not being as good- will it do the job with the same needed results?

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:28 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would be confused if defraging had anything to do with it

most simple route would be check what you have installed/chaged on your machine since they worked and undo it. this could be codec instals, codec settings change etc. fragmentation is a problem for slowing down file access but this would not cause an AV offset i dont think

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 3:57 am

definitively some codecs you have installed lately...

They have probably taken over as main codec for the videos, and the codec in question does not sync good. Find the settings for the new codecs, or remove them.
OR use VDJ internal codec for the videos you play (vdj extention settings), as this is the best solution

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 5:31 am
But what if I told you I have not installed ANY new codecs? The only thing I can think I have done is install a newer version of Cyder's Vmix skin, but I hardly think that has anythng to do with it- does it?

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 11:24 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
try a full boottime defrag

www.diskkeeper.com

Yes i advise this one too. Really the best on the market and better than the Windows one ;-)

The more a skin has "moving elements" (video preview, vinyls, waveform) , the less you will have power for video

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 12:35 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Skin has nothing to do with AV sync

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:53 pm
Hoffman wrote :
But what if I told you I have not installed ANY new codecs?

Okey.. did you install any video editor or video player programs lately? Many of these install codecs.

I can not see why you had perfect AV sync, and then out of a sudden dont have it anymore.. Unless you've changed something decoding videos, or... use different settings (hardware)

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 4:32 pm
Does the video have bad sync when playing with VDJ only, or ANY player on your system?

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 8:22 pm
In VLC player (comes with Windows on my Dell laptop), it plays perfect all synched. The video played fine in VDJ for the last 3-4 weeks. All of a sudden it is now off about 6 seconds.

A few days ago, I got a new Promo Only DVD. Ripped a few trscks using VDJ's ripper and the 1st one I tried was 6 seconds off. I re-repped using smart ripper and all is fine.

Does this mean it has nothing to do with Defrag?

No new video programs were installed, etc. All other vob's are playing fine (as of now) which tells me it wouldn;t be a codec either.

The fact that this 1 video plays perfect in VLC and is off in VDJ says it must be a codec problem and not a defrag or ripping issue?

baffled.

B

Mensajes Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 9:37 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)