Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Anyone Had This Issue?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Tonight I decided to try out this demo version with an external mixer and had the following issue:

Pops and Glitches in the right deck or left when using 2 sound cards.

I could reverse the "output" so right deck soundcard 1 and left deck soundcard 2 and vice versa. When I did that the tracks on the left side had glitches and pops, when I changed the output to right deck second soundcard leftdeck first soundcard the glitches then went to right deck.

When I told it single output the glitches went away and this was using first soundcard and second soundcard and primary sounddriver.

I have 2 Creative Sound Blaster PCI cards in this desktop.

I'm hoping something like this won't be happening with the new laptop i'm getting.

Any ideas as to what's causing this? It doesn't happen just with 1 file it happens with any file.

Mensajes Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 3:46 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The 2 sound card pops and crackle scenario is a know issue and being resolved in the next release - release time is yet to be determine, but I suspect right after the first of the year.

Mensajes Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 9:22 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so will this happen with one of those usb cards like the maya44 or some other soundcard???

Mensajes Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 10:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No, it is a problem in the 2 sound card setup, where the second sound card get's a bad use of the sound engine - like the gain is pushed to high.

With the USB cards people are typically going into a mixer [like you are trying to test] with each of the channels from the sound card.

You can do the same with a standard (1) sound card the different is you would basically run mono for each channel -
From the VDJ Config // Sound Setup
Choose Output - External Mixer
Sound card(s) - Mono Seperated
Sound Card - choose 1

Now with the cable coming from the sound card plug the left (white) into channel A (your left channel choice) of your mixer and repeat for the right (red) into channel B.

Now some people don't like this setup because it's not stereo. But, withthe improved sound engine of version 4 it's allot better than most straight mono systems that I have heard with TT and CD players.

I hope this helps and you don't hold back your purchasing of VDJ because of it. It is being fixed in the next release, along with some additional improvements I am sure you will like.

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)