Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: a bunch of questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

is my high cpu useage a result of having a crappy video card ??

when i run sonique and music, very high cpu useage
the card is an ati radeon 200 default unit with my laptop ....pretty sure when i checked it was 64 mb onboard ram........

btw VDJ'S cpu meter much more accurate than Traktor's.......

can i disable the card in device mgr and use an external usb card if there is such thing??

also i checked irq assignments using sky's how to and i notice i have 3 items on #17, 2 on 19, and 2 on another #......but all is well ......i think based on dj cel's dpc thing i read that i would be getting dropouts all over the place if i really had irq conflicts......i right clicked properties every single one said no conflicts

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 7:50 pm

Dont worry about shared IRQs if it does not cause any problems (such as audio drop outs, crackles etc).
Windows XP has an engine that allows sharing of IRQs

Regarding Sonique + music, your card is at the very low end. 64mb is not a whole lot, so it might stress the CPU abit.

Some Sonique visuals are more demanding than others.

All in all, visuals do tax the CPU, and if you graphic card does not compute all on board, the CPU will rise.

But as long as it doesnt cause problems for you, dont worry :)

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:03 pm
i have had some problems and hangs interestingly especially yesterday it seems like everytime i reboot everything settles in and works a little better ??

what about my workaround ?? can i disable the default card and replace it with a better external one??

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:31 pm

It might make things work better yes

Specially if its a good card that process sound externally.

And even disabling the internal, and going external might just do a little freeing of IRQs IF the onboard one prevents good dataflow to cpu (shared IRQ)

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 8:48 pm
cool.......

next big ???

i wanna start on a skin asap what are the prerequisites ? join the frat ? hazing ? secret handshake??

i\'m not super technical: half the time when i count the boobs at the club i get a odd number.....what\'s wrong with 113?

in the evolution of djing i\'m the guy on the left gettin\' a price quote......

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:05 pm

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
beat you old man :--)

hehe

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:06 pm
see, he is the fastest

b4 anyone says it i usually manage to go oh, 30 seconds between one surprise or goof while working with it....what i mean is do i need.......never mind i'll just check out the sdk then i'll start flailing mightily

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)