Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VMDX User looking to possibly switch to Virtual DJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello Fellow DJ
I have been using vdmx for about 2 years know and love the way it operates especially the stabilty and reliability of never crashing at a living gig. However, I am getting tired of waiting for them to released a video version of the software. I haved been to the DJ Times expo in AC the last two years and have been following virtual dj ever since. I am impressed with the developement and willingness of the forum members to help each other out in the time of need.
I also have the pioneer dvj x1 and DJM 800 mixer set up in rig but I am looking to replace it with a computer rig with a software capable of doing all the needed features on mixing video.
I have several questions that will help me in deciding which way to best build up my system.
1. Can the tipro keyboard I use with VDMX be programmed to be used with virtual dj.
2. How can I use my DJM 800 pioneer mixer to be used with virtual dj. ( How do I assign the crossfader to operate the video and audio 0f virtual)
3. I know that the numark DM2 controller have just been demo at the Namm show and it may to early to ask this but do you guys think the DM2 controller will be better than the DAC 3. ( I cant stand PCDJ.)
4. Is they a way to normalize all the video & mp3 tracks in your database. So you dont get mixes coming in at different volumes.
5. Does virtual dj have master tempo (where is the button to turn it on or off)
Thanks for you help in advance
Musically yours
DJ Angel S

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 2:26 am
Hiya,

Q1/
Can't say Ive heard of a "tipro" keyboard, but if it works like a normal Keyboard, VDJ will work with it. It sounds like a programmable keypad to me, so you and aither programme the keyboard to match, or reset VDJ's Keyboard settings to match the keyboards setting. Either way VDJ, has a extensive key mapping feature, if it doesn't come with a particular mapped key, you can simply create your own mapping for a key, with your fave params.

Q2/
Just use the your pioneer mixer to control audio, VDJ can be set to output 4 or even 6 channels of audio. EG left deck on one, right deck on 3, and sampler to 2. Then you just use the built in video mixer within VDJ to sort out your videos for you, either use Auto trans, or set up a keyboard shortcut for deck 1, and another key to mix to deck 2. No special duel video cards required, just make sure it is reasonably newish (Ie less than 3 years) and has a TV out jack, ie, s-video, or RCA.

Q3/
I'll leave this to someone else. Myself I like the screens, thats about it. I have stuck with my Dac2 because its smaller, easier to move.

Q4/
Yes! But I re render any files that are overly loud/quiet anyway. I don't use the built in normaliser, as i find it seems to normalise to the "Loudest" sound, not the entire track as a whole. It works for many, I'm just picky, and I always prelisten to the track and add any gain required to match it to the playing one. I have gotten used to doing this while matching the beats, and now do it out of habbit!

Q5/
Yes! Its pitch lock, and is better than MT, because you can set you pitch, then lock it, and play with the tempo. VDJ goes one further, by giving you control over how much CPU power is used for the lock in config. Its a slider, one end, speed, the other quality. depends on the power of your machine, as to where you set it.

Hope this helps!

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 11:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Q2

it looks the beast i want one , looks well constructed

has a built in wav level ect

Mensajes Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 11:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)