Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: xp10 reviewed by the "dj bible" DJ MAG : rating 5/5 !!!!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

"THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST ACCURATE METHOD OF TOUCH SENSITIVITY; EVEN OVER PIONEER CDJ-1000" wow!!!

"...the most convenient and advanced hardware controlled solution for PC-based mp3 DJing we have ever seen.."

"... amazing value.. outstanding touch sensitive control.."

"This is not vinyl emulation, this is a step above"

value for money: 5/5
usability : 5/5
sound quailty 4,5/5
OVERALL : 5/5

wow!!!! Dj Mag is the "bible" for all european djs, and they gave xp10 the highest possible score and great review

the whole review can be read here:
http://files.eks.fi/xp10_djmag_review.pdf

(thanx Bagpuss for link)

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 1:44 am
I must admit that I'm almost convinced now!

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 7:55 am
"the only thing missing is a big bunch of effects and filter section"

There comes VDJ :o)

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 8:36 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That clinches it for me. I'm going to pick up a pair asap.

Bargler

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 10:20 am
I had a nice conversation with the import company in Belgium/Netherlands. Next week (Monday) I have a conversation with the business manager. I'll see what comes up.

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 2:21 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VirtualDJ & XP10 are da solution for Digital DJs !

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 5:17 pm
No mention of VDJ though :(

Mensajes Wed 18 Aug 04 @ 5:22 pm
VDJ is not a bundle software with xp10, so it was a review of the controller.. only ;)

althought some mention of Bison, the software from the xp10 company... that is not even remotely close to VDJ ;)

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 12:17 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is a problem that the VDJ marketing team needs to really think about.

Many new dj's, (or experienced that have not gone to PC based mixing) may not be aware that the controllers can work with other programs such as VDJ.

Reading the reviews on the EKS site, at least half the information in them applies to the Bison software more than to the controller itself.

These DJ mags are over themselves with joy for the XP10...Atomix should send them all copies of VDJ 2.0 and say, "If you like the XP10 now...try it with this." I guess what I'm saying, is that Atomix needs to update their press kit to take advantage of the XP10 boom that is just beginning to happen.

Write up a couple of "review" articles yourselves guys, first half focusing on the XP10, second half focusing on how it *really* shines when used with a top notch program like VDJ. Next, send them out to all the decent DJ websites and magazines. Half of them will do a 5 minute edit, at most, and print the article virtually word for word.

Heh...I've been paid a lot of money for a lot less consulting than this. I must really like this software. :)

Bargler

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 12:40 am
yes bargler thats exactly whats needed!

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 8:40 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just finished watching Intellect: Techno House Progressive (2003)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/
-/B00009MGNL/qid=1092948912/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl74/002-4873839-8740861

and was impressed with the production quality, the number of tips, etc. Final Scratch was featured there. No mention of VDJ, though. Ditto for Digital DJ mag. Traktor was given good ratings, no mention of VDJ. Clearly, VDJ needs to market a bit more aggresively.

But, here is where we as VDJ users can help as well. For example, I wouldn't mind paying, let's say $50 to watch movies of professionals such as DJ-In-Norway or djelof spin with VDJ for a couple of hours. I would think I am not alone in this.

So, how about this idea: put a separate Videos and How-tos section on the Web site where rookies like me could pay someone for their skill and time demonstrating VDJ tricks and making the VDJ come alive. It would also allow me to pick up ideas on what songs go together, what shortcuts professionals have defined in VDJ, etc.

Hey, I could even host the videos on my own web site for that matter.

Just an idea, of course.

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 9:16 pm
i have talked about this b4 the vids would let customers understand what vdj can do u can use a screen capture style vid just to show off the software
and what it can do
and maybe a vid off someone spinnin with xp10's and uc33's

dj smokey

Mensajes Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 2:01 am
"...I wouldn't mind paying, let's say $50 to watch movies of professionals such as DJ-In-Norway or djelof spin with VDJ for a couple of hours..." loool ;)

$50 ?? I'll get a server right now, and start charging!!! lool ;) hehe.. just kidding... would gladly make a video for free...

On the serious side, you all gotta remember that VDJ is ONLY a year old, AND MY GOD, YOU HAVE GROWN A LOT BABY;) lol.. in a year, and in that short time it has become the best dj software, and got timecode to match the marked leader..

now, my guess is that the team focused and maybe still focus on making the best ever dj program, and I'm for one glad they do.. Marketing cost a LOT, and getting more and more paid-for-software users sure will get more resourses to also do marketing..

It seems VDJ is gradually getting more and more users, and attention.. and us users can surly help out... use our network to tell about vdj etc. After all, getting more paid-for-users will gain all, as the team get more resourses to develop software further etc. And there really is no need to wait for those thinking about getting it, as VDJ offers free updates and upgrades... and thats really amazing compared to other dj software ;)

when it comes to marketing and brand awareness of VDJ among DJs and DJ events, there sure are other software names that are more know as of now. But again, you all gotta remember VDJ is only a year old ;)

I would not mind helping out the team to market the product in good ways.. network, presskit etc etc.. and other great ways that dont cost money. After all, thats my daytime job; - marketing, events and graphic design... ;) and helping out giving website a more selling look, videos etc... no prob ;)

I guess, by reading the posts, that many would like "the world to know" that you have this great software... but again, my guess is that the team used the year that has gone, focusing on making a great dj software.. and imagine what it will look like in another year ;) wow...hehe

More marketing of brand might come, but its only been a year, and marketing is so expensive :) more users will help getting resourses.. until then, we all can help out the best we can, it benefits us all anyway..

not everybody have heard of VDJ yet, we all got here early.. but wait and see ;) this baby has just started ;)

pleased-vdj-user-in-norway ;) lol....

Mensajes Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 4:31 am
Also I'd like to point out the fact that Google didn't do ANY kind of marketing yet became #1 anyway. That's the beauty of Internet. In the end, quality speaks by itself. I agree that some marketing wouldn't do any harm though :o)

Mensajes Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 9:15 am
XP10 controllers rock!
what version and where did you test XP10 with Bison?
and I am curious what what do you honestly think of it?
it has saved my a** at least once

WirelessDJ

Mensajes Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 11:43 am
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Norway, if you are serious about it, you should go ahead and do the video, dude. I am sure many users here will appreciate it.

And then I could say "Everything I learned about VDJing I learned from DJ-In-Norway." :).

Mensajes Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 3:37 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-in-Norway wrote:

"..On the serious side, you all gotta remember that VDJ is ONLY a year old, AND MY GOD, YOU HAVE GROWN A LOT BABY;)"

You are right, Norway :) ...especially if we think that Traktor, the direct opponent of VDJ is on the market since 2001 - The great Traktor 1.0 - and is much more known, infact actually, here in Italy, if you go in specialized dj stores you find the Stanton/NI Finalscratch (with Traktor 2.5). They've made an intelligent hardware/software solution. Why Atomix doesn't do the same thing with xp10? From my point of view the "risk" inducted by the lack of a dedicated Harware/software bundle is that VDJ can be seen as a soft for "DJ Console user" that means for amatorial use.

Ciao!! :)

Mensajes Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 7:27 pm
@ cyberia: "Everything I learned about VDJing I learned from DJ-In-Norway"

- lol ;) I'm sure u picked up a few tips etc from others as well..hehe..
On the serious side, I can make a video... need a host (vdj team?) and timecode/xp10 for a cool demo video (vdj team?? lol....)

@ arjuna: "They've made an intelligent hardware/software solution. Why Atomix doesn't do the same thing with xp10? "

- well, Xp10 are made of an external company.. I think the team thought of a VDJ PRO aproach where VDJ + xp10 was a package.. but being a web-shop based app, and not available in stores, such a package would maybe not be needed at the website, as users can select themselves what to get..
XP10 VDJ version AND timecode vinyls have VDJ logo, and are a part of a very intelligent and GREAT software/hardware solution, if u ask me ;)

but again.. its not a package.. maybe it should? to make it clearer for "new users" that its DEDICATED hardware..
like VDJ PRO (vdj+xp10), VDJ VINYL SCRATCH (vdj+timecode)... as packages offered at website... I dont know;) its all up to the team anyway...

Mensajes Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 1:59 am
0Ne-Home userMember since 2004
then which prefers?

greetings....
....::::0Ne::::....

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 2:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)