Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: serato user asking a question about video scratching in vdj 4.0+

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ok, i tried out vdj and serato years ago and chose serato just because it became the prominant player in the market and rarely crashed. however, vdj is making moves in video djing and not giving up without a fight. i tried vdj thinking it was the best product on the market in terms of
features, but i gave up when i heard the scratching and the latency. can anyone tell me if the records have changed, if the scratching algorithms have changed, and if what i'm seeing now on youtube with the almost 0 delay scratching is true and what processor speed and video card is recommended to scratch videos? is this available on any laptops right now?

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 4:05 am

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 5:13 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VDJ was rewritten with a new sound engine in v4.0 released in the latter part of 2006. We are now at v4.2 and this release was designed more for TCV users with better all round performance including better scratch sound and better tracking of the vinyl.

The latency is dependant on the sound card you have and believe it or not there is better sound cards than the SL1 which will give you better latency. Pretty much most cards utilising the pci-express slots have better latency than those via usb. I suggest you do a forum search to find the best available. Note however the SL1 is compatible with vdj also.

3rd generation vinyls are expected to be released soon, so I advise you to keep looking here for their release. Basically these are gonna be better quality and be able to provide you the best performance with tcv.

With video mixing the specs.... the recommended specs are 256mb dedicated video ram and at least 1 gig of ram. Best bet again is to do a forum search of the ideal setup or current setup someone is using at the mo that works.

Hope this helps....

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 5:13 am
ya, thats the one i saw. i think im going to be in the market for a new computer anyways, because serato is also getting video. regardless, im needing a new computer. where can i check for the new vinyls? i didnt even know there was a second version :/

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:11 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:30 am
Actually, there are 3rd generation vinyls coming out now that are supposed to be very SSL like in feel and features.

You might want to consider a Mac for your next computer purchase. There's a reason several prominent windows VDJ users are switching to Mac and that there is a Mac version of VDJ coming out really soon! ;)

Check out the new Mac forums here on VDJ's site to find out what people are saying and feel free to ask any questions about them or VDJ. =)

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Mensajes Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 1:16 am
ichaogHome userMember since 2007
We are at 8 april. Is that "now" for the 3rd generation of tcv? Are them more expensive or the same price? What is the difference roughly speaking?

Thanxx

PS: VDJ store says tcvs are sold out so cannot buy right now... any alternative to get tcv´s?

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 6:53 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The 3rd TCV generation is already available in the USA and Canada

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 2:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)