Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Multi Vid Outs

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I would love to see this included for a number of reasons :-

Being a turnatblist I like to blitz between video footage... This would allow the use of 3rd party video mixers like Edirol or even better the VSW-1 which can be hooked up to cross fader start on most DJM mixers which in turn would meen being able to cut the video as fast and not actually have the added stress of making sure u swith video's

It would also meen I could use vinyl which if your a scratch DJ you know how much nicer it is to scratch vinyl that CDJ / DVJ

And on a selfish note I could sell my rather expensive 2 x DVJ 1000 setup. Buy and absolute beast of a laptop and have a lot of extra cash in my account.

On a lighter not playing with home edition and got my hercules DJC mk2 running really pheking well with timecode and it does make the DVJ kinda redundant. I was worried about latency issues on my scratching but you can get the thing running really well (recommend an added power supply though, makes all!!!! the difference in clubs)

Kudos anyway,

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 4:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you want to do this you need more than one graphics card or a multiheaded graphics card for any mutliscreen aplication.

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:39 pm
That's not a problem...

Are you saying then that VDJ can output video left and right channel independantly to with multiple outputs. Because if it can would have no reservations in upgrading to pro. My reasons for not purchasing already is beacuse i tour with DVJ's and not sure that VDJ is equiped for with way I play. I would however prefer just to run off laptop (core 2x2ghz and 2gb of ram with geforce) and timecode vinyl for video stuff?

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i dont think it can Send A and b to a seprate out put , im afraid but it still would need a dual headed card if it could one for each video

ur laptop is a good one by the sounds of it

sounds like this could be a good future feature you can run more than 2 vidoes at once if u run in multinstance mode , with a dual headed card

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:24 pm
Yeah I totally realised I would need multi outs for video. I would love to see this function in the software.

Not only that you'll keep the boys at Numark happy aswell as they will be launching thier audio/video combi mixer which because of certain ties with them I've had a play with (which it is hot). It may also be good to have a sub-frame on off swith on each channel as it would open the door to use some of the frame affects blue/green and luma keying e.t.c.

I have also had an idea how to make a video swith trigger from any pioneer DJM mixer which once I have tested a hardware mod I will talk more on (will need some help with the actual program side) but will say more when I know for definite it can be done

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 9:52 pm
You would think it would be easier on vdj to process the vids because instead of three vids = a,b & master. It would only have to process a & b since you would use an external video mixer to do the transitions.

I didn't know there were controllers that could be hooked up to the start buttons of the mixers. Thats badd ass.

Heres yet another feature that should be concentrated on : )

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 11:07 pm
Too true my friend it would save big on CPU cycles...

As for the controller that switches the vid check out the pioneer vsw-1 in conjunction with a DJM...

I have just had a great idea to emulate a video switcher and have tested a mini mod to check that it is possible. Which I will post in this section and the plugin developers as it may need a simple plugin developed for it...

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 11:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)