Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: PA / Speaker system recommendations?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
So I'm seriously thinking about birthday/wedding/party DJ'ing (I have experience with this already, but I don't have my own PA system). I don't really know if it makes much of a difference, but I'd like to start looking for good, reliable equipment. I thought you guys might be able to shout out some brands or models (of speakers and amps) that you like.

Is it better for speakers to sit up high (on stands), or does it not really make a difference? Are two speakers enough or should a dance floor be surrounded by four speakers?

If I were to plan on entertaining up to 100 people, what wattage would you recommend?

Thanks. (I'll be happy with links to other websites if you have them).

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 5:31 pm
First of all, as a start, you might consider RENT the speakers etc... so that u dont take to much of a "risk" spending all that money buying.. There are always dj rental services around ;)

The advantages of renting, are also the possibility to scale the "setup" for each gig, fully insured equipment etc

If u are really thinking of bying, you need speakers, amp, lights, microphone etc. So be prepared to spend a lot of money ;) Although used equipment can be a bargain, sometimes..

As far as brands go etc, I leave it up to others to have any suggestions.. I dont own that kinda stuff, and can't give a qualified experience on it...

dj in norway

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 5:37 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Get JBL Speakers / they may cost a little more but they will handle any party.

When You lift speakers off the ground you lose the bass. So I would recommend getting 2 full range speakers and stands......and then one bass bin for th floor.

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 6:56 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well depending on your style of mixing a good mixer would be a start. I myself prefer to have self powered speakers such as JBL or Mackie. These are expensive speakers but in the end you will be happy you don't have to worry about an amplifier. .

http://www.mackie.com/products/srm450/index.html

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 7:04 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
good advice from djnorway bout renting. Even with your mobile experience, I wouldn't jump right in at first with tons of equipment. Renting gets you in and from there you can decide if it's really something you want to invest in. Rent passive once, powered next time to see the difference. I got the mackie srm450 powered speakers, bout 50 lbs each, love um, not everyone does though. fit all in my car. there's pros and cons to both powered and non powered obviously. whatever works best for you. Jbl is commonly used by mobile. good powered mackie or powered jbl speakers can be around $1500 a pair U.S. you get what u pay for. there's threads on all kinds of audio/dj forums about powered vs. passive you can learn from. good luck.

oh, some may differ but I use just 2 speakers for crowds of up to 200 fine. but depends on venue. Some venues suck for acoustics and need 4 but in that case u just rent 2 more. you can add sub(s) later if you find you're consistently needing more thump.

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 10:15 pm
I am very happy with my system for such events.

1 JBL M-Pro with built in 700W Crown Amp
2 JBL EONs on stands
2 Mackie 450 self-powered on stands (for bigger events)
Mixer = American DJ Q-MX (which has balanced outputs for getting good signal to the powered speakers.

The M-Pro Sub pwr amp runs all the JBLs - no problem and perfectly matched. The built-in Amp is completely configurable to use 1/2 the AMPs power to run the sub and the other 1/2 to run the EONs. Very compact and effecient, what can I say. Been using this for about 3 years now.

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 10:17 pm
JBL Speakers and nothing else. QSC Amps. Cost more but they last FOREVER!

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 12:13 am
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
Thanks for the advice... I'll look up rentals first then.

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 12:22 am
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004

i'm using JBL eon 15 g2 speakers and i'm really satisfied
i have also heard the CREST speakers lately and thought that these were pretty good aswell and a little bit cheaper

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 7:59 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)