Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ & open sound control (osc)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

have anyone tested VDJ with OSC?
I've seen a few programs started to support this standard, and it looks very interesting... ;)

"Open Sound Control (OSC)

OSC is an open, network-independent protocol developed for communication among computers, sound synthesizers, and other multimedia devices. Compared to MIDI, OSC provides increased reliability, greater user convenience, and more reactive musical control. Open Sound Control is useful in any situation where multiple music applications have to work together on the same computer or on networked computers. While MIDI only has the parameters defined in the standard (note on/off, pitch bend, control change, etc.), OSC lets each program have its own symbolic, hierarchical, and dynamic address space. OSC can be used with any networking technology, including TCP/IP based LANs and the internet. OSC's time tags and bundles of messages provide for exact timing of musical results even if the network has latency and jitter"

That sounds all wonderfull ;)

Anyone tried this? or know any good app that supports this?
I know that Native have made a few progs to support it..

dj in norway

Mensajes Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 2:27 pm
damn.. this looks interesting.. hehe

What about control VDJ with a virtual glove ?? lol ;)
It uses the OSC standard for using a virtual glove to controll music app... its still a starting project..
read more here :
http://www.audiomulch.com/simulus/p5glove/index.htm

there are also a lot of visual programs that can make fancy visual displays following your music, using the OSC standard, but they all seem to be MAC based ( if u have a mac, that should not be any prob, as OSC is platform independent)

For PC based apps, Reaktor, Intact and more supports OSC.
Hopefully even more soon..

And of course VDJ ;) lol... I would love to try use it live with another user, interact with eachother.. to see how it works ;)
Guess in theory, I can play together with a VDJ user on the other side of the globe, live... wow :)

If VDJ also would support the FREE Rewire standard, the possibilities would be awesome ;)
(Ableton Live, Cakewalk, Reason, Acid etc etc)
You would have an awesome arsenal for both live performance and a great virtual remix studio... ;)

dj in norway

Mensajes Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 3:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)