Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Microphone...Help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

blue26Home userMember since 2004
How is it going people right now I am a VDJ trial user w/ 13 days left. I greatly enjoy this program and I am very close on purchasing this program. The only thing that is holding me back at this moment is the capability of hooking up a regular PC microphone and being able to "voice - over" while mixing and recording. Is there anyone out there that can help me??? I read on the post-up discussions that the Mic-capability is allowed on the VDJ full versions...so...the trial version is not the full version??? Thanx in advance for your response. Blue

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 12:19 am
there is a microphone slider in some skins, that will let you adjust mic level...

for a real voice-over kinda thing, where the music-volume is lowered automatically when speaking in the microphone, the Hercules DJ console works great...

It has its own mic-in and, and a press-to-speak feature, that lowers music when speaking...

maybe even a effect plugin of vdj can do this :)
there is a Microphone Control plugin already, but not sure if it works just like a regular voice-over thing..

anyway, as a full user u will get full attention from effect developers and vdj developers, and it seems like a reasonable request, so they might help and others with this :)

hope to see you as a full user soon ;)

dj in norway

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 1:06 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The trial version is a limited in time of use, and there are some function restrictions for security reasons. But as I heard this things works fine in full version, though most DJ's probably use an external mixer for that.

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 8:17 am
The microphone plugin is limited and VirtualDj is not going to improve on it. That is what support told me.They just write mixing software and we are stuck with that worthless plugin that doesn't do much .

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 1:01 pm
hehe... "stuck with that worthless plugin.."
thats not true...

because it seems a lot better to do this in hardware... :)
Hercules console have a wonderful talk-over button, that works great... automatically lowers volume, when u talk (adjustable in dB)

Also, its a pro software, so most working dj's would have an external mixer anyway, and there are great talk-over mixers.

And finaly, its a bit up to the users as well. The mic effect plugin now might not be the best for talk-over, but if many need such a plugin, I'm sure one of the great plugin developers would be happy to help out, and make a great mic plugi-in for talkovers.. ;)

kaleo or mac the man? ;)

dj in norway

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 1:43 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Unfortunatly, we don't have access to the audio data of the microphone through VDJ.

So a plugin must record the microphone input in order to do this.

It is not impossible of course, but in my opinion, you should better use dedicated software, or sound-card built-in effects that will allow wonderfull echo, reverb and so one.

No?

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 3:41 pm
agree, hardware for mic is better....

BUT... loool ;)
"So a plugin must record the microphone input in order to do this."

that sounds VERY interessting!!! ;) record a vocal sample?
hmm.. could be some nice possibilities there...

Mensajes Tue 31 Aug 04 @ 5:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)