Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Using Napster

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,
New to the site and Virtual DJ and the computer using it isn't connected to the internet yet but will be soon. When I click on the global database it pops up a window saying that I can subscribe to napster and start using it that way. Does Virtual DJ have a special deal with napster to download songs and music videos with those songs to play in Virtual DJ and if so how would one go about signing up for it and how much does it cost? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mensajes Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 5:23 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is no special deal with Napster.
You can go to Napster site for all the details.
I believe they have a monthly fee of around $14.00 or you
can just purchase as you go for $ .99 each song.

Mensajes Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 4:20 pm
Can I use any download software or does it have to be Napster?

Mensajes Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 5:21 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are speaking of using the software from within VDJ then it must be napster.
Personally if I download from Napster I don't go through VDJ.
I go directlty to Napster and dnld what I need then add it to VDJ later.

Mensajes Fri 09 Mar 07 @ 10:49 pm
that's what i do ......if you use napster while running video it seems to interfere, but, i have a crap video card......i dl from napster and beatport (Traktor) and then add to the ext hd.......

Mensajes Sat 10 Mar 07 @ 3:08 am
Same here, I don't go online while at a gig, but my system is powerful enough to do it I simply choose not to. And also with Napster it is great you can download what ever you want to for a flat monthly rate.

Mensajes Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 12:53 am
kjuddHome userMember since 2007
How do you guys get around Napster's explicit EULA against non-commerical use? If you use it in any capacity outside of your house it's illegal guys. Or does Virtual DJ have some back channel legal loop hole I am unfamiliar with? Well, if you buy the song then you can use it but if you just download on your 9.99 or 14.99 subscription account it's not legal according to them. I'm surprised VIRTUAL DJ doesn't have a disclaimer or a post explaining this since they took the time to program in a software piece for napster. Any thoughts yall?

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 9:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)