Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Master Tempo & Sound Card - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I can't still use MT on my setup :(

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 9:21 am
Hi again,

I had a play with some timecode CDs the other week to try and work out what the problem is that you might be having.

I can't remember what's been said and what hasn't so I'll go through everything I can think of.

- The keyolock feature in the VDJ skin has no effect when using timecode
- In the timcode setup page, tick the box that says something like "mater tempo"
- Make sure that your cd player has mastertempo DISABLED
- There's two boxes that have numbers in ( I can't remember what they're called at the mo), if you change these numbers for ones ten times smaller I think you'll get better reations from VDJ

- Also, the thing that I think might be the useful bit: I've noticed that the master tempo takes about a second or two to kick in, so if you move the pitch slider up and down quickly to test the master tempo it sounds like it doesn't work, but if you move it quickly downwards (you'll hear it go like chipmonks) and leave it you should (hopefully) hear the pitch change back down to how it should be. This is what I found anyway.

Good luck.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:16 am
I've just realised, I was assuming that you were using timecoded CDs to control VDJ.

Is that right, or are you using the on- screen controls or a hardware controller of some sort?

If you're not using timecode vinyl or CDs, I'm really at a bit of a loss about what it could be!

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 10:23 am
Yes, I am using TCCDs.
Well.. ok. When I use the Master Tempo option in the Timecode Setup, it doesn't work again. I can even get more strange results like that the bpms are sliding +-0.4bpm when i am using the pitch control which makes the mixing impossible.
:)

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 1:23 pm
It definately shouldn't be going +- .4 bpm when you keep the fader still. Hmmm, there must be something here that I'm missing...

I know there's more than a few people on here using timecode CDs, could some of them speak up now please!!!

Mensajes Tue 05 Jun 07 @ 6:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)