Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Video DVD Ripping

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Does anyone know of a really good DVD program I can get that will rip my video DVD's to my hard drive and still sound good after being ripped to my hard drive ??!! I have used Virtual DJ DVD ripper, Im too Ripper, DVD Decryptor, and a few others and none of them can rip them and keep the quality of the sound. They look great, but they sound kind of hissy. I have also tried many different video formats and get the same result ... great picture ... terrible sound. Can anyone out there please help me. Anyone ??!! Thanks

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 8:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 10:57 am

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 11:03 am
Thanks Guys. I will try these. I was at a loss. Thanks for your help !!

Mensajes Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 9:23 pm
amosproPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Those on Afterdawn seem to be no longer available.

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 12:10 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have ImToo. How come the video gets out of sync with the audio? I've tried mpg and avi and the same thing.

How did yall get this to work without the sync issues?

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 12:12 am
I use Smartripper 2.41, and rip to .vob, and have no issues. If no program works for you, maybe it's not the programs. Maybe it's your machine, or something you have on it.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 4:59 am
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm using InterVideo DVD Copy 4 for all of my PromoOnly DVD's and it works great. I just wish there were a database online for DVD's like there is for CD's so I didn't have to type all the dang Artist and Titles. It will let you ripp at mpeg1, mpeg2, divx, and even for your iPod plus several other fomats. I have never noticed any sound change at all for any of the formats, only changes in video quality.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 8:48 am

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 7:18 am
Hmmm, I wonder who wrote those two fine tutorials you have linked to ;o)

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:12 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Why would the quality of the sound be affected? Shouldn't you be digitally copying the LPCM sound from the DVD with no loss in every circumstance, unless it's being transcoded?

Sometimes DVDs sound bad to me, but I thought it was perhaps because of bad mastering, or even because of a quality problem downsampling from 48 kHz to 44.1 KHz.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 5:34 pm
Hi Peeps

As a user of virtual dj/cue I thought I\'d pop in and give you the benefit of my miniscule amount of knowledge. Until we brought Numark Cue my only knowledge of DVD\'s was the \'hooky\' copies my brother-in-law gave me (Debbie does Dallas) so we had a steep learning curve (Does it ever stop?)

As long as we have been ripping our Mixmash DVD\'s we have never had a sound problem & quite frankly I can\'t see a reason for anybody to have sound quality issue\'s UNLESS you\'re not using genuine disc\'s? There are some crap recordings around (Tom jones-It\'s not unusual, Mixmash party classics Vol2) but these have never been digitally remastered from the live recording.

Let\'s start at the beginning with the sound problem. Are you using professional equipment? Are you using \'quality\' equipment Eg Cerwin Vega/Bose/H&H/Crown Etc or, no offence meant! Crappy \'s****lab red speakers rated at a zillion watts pmpo? Is the PC/Laptop specifically for playing DVD\'s or do you use it for discos with no problems? Is your amp rack mounted with other equipment without using humfree\'s? If it\'s a laptop it could be the power supply causing the problem? Have you tried earthing your equipment? The list can go on & on, you can always PM me if it\'s easier.

Audio/Video sync.... This must be one of the most common questions on this forum. we started off by building the fastest system we could afford, dual core processors (Is that spelt right?) 2 Gig of RAM & 2 x 500GB & 1 300Gb HDD\'s. We then brought iSofter DVDPlatinum ripper & went at it like madmen, ripping until our eyes went red (Or was that just the beer during the waiting time?) Horror of horrors! each disc, after about track 4, looked like a badly dubbed martial arts video! So where were we going wrong? We did the rounds of the forum\'s; use this to realign the audio, change this setting, change that setting, stop having sugar in our coffee, face mecca while ripping, the \"advice\" went on & on while I kept deleting track after track of rubbish. During a trip to our local dealer, after having spent about £1100 with them, I innocently asked \"What do you use to rip DVD\'s?\" the reply was \'Magic DVD ripper\' We now rip & convert all of our DVD\'s using Magic DVD ripper without any problems at all.

Our conclusion has to be that you need to find the programme that suits your system. With PC systems being set up in so many different ways, even changing your set-up from the fat32 system can make a difference to your ripping programme. It\'s not cheap & it\'s hard work, but if you\'re serious about being a pro DVD disco jock, experimenting seems to be the only answer.

It\'s probably not the definative answer you wanted, but hopefully it will help you to move in the right direction.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 10:52 pm
Just to pop your bubble a little, your reference to speaker type makes little difference, sure, crap speakers sound crap, but a quality system, and i mean "quality" here, is also a LOT more unforgiving of poor audio, and beleive me, there IS poor audio out there, from some Robbie Williams tracks, to some George Michael, there are just poorly engineered tracks, period!

There are bad DVD's and there are bad CD's (well actually the sound engineering) So the statement about your not seeing a reason for poor audio and suggesting it might be because people may not be using original disks actually shows your newness!

The latest modern recording to be slated by MANY DJ's for it's audio quality is Girls Aloud vs Sugababes - Walk This Way, which on a good system sounds like a bloody train crash!

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 11:37 pm
Misinterpretation - the bane of all forums.

Strange that speaker quality makes no difference, hook up our C-V's, Eminence or even our old Bose panarays & nothing. Put on pair of S*****lab & they hiss. According to the Eminence engineer's this is a crossover problem, cheap speakers = cheap components.

Suggesting people may not be using 'original' discs shows a lack of understanding of basic English. The term used was 'genuine' as in Mastermix, Mixmash Etc. A badly copied disc could be the source of the problem. Maybe it is my "Newness" (A noun meaning 'novelty') after all I was a late starter & didn't have my 1st residency until 1974.

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 7:51 pm
< TOPHOUSE wrote : Hmmm, I wonder who wrote those two fine tutorials you have linked to ;o)

Thank you TOPHOUSE for those guides...

DJ TAO :)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 12:29 am
Cheers Tao, I may actually drag them over into my blog on here when i get round to it.

Disco11

"Misinterpretation" Not at all, what you said was :-

Quote :
I can't see a reason for anybody to have sound quality issue's UNLESS you're not using genuine disc's?

Which is absolute bull. There are GENUINE CD's AND DVD's that have sound quality issues, be it through bad engineering as stated in my post above OR simply through degradation caused by aging.

The best speakers ARE more unforgiving of these kind of errors as ANY competent sound engineer will tell you. That is plain FACT!

misinterpretation ? Nah, I know patronising when I see it.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 1:46 am
I can see the point Tophouse is making and I believe it to be a valid one, some of the compilation DVDs are of differing quality and sometimes just down right poor so having decent materials to do the job is the place where you must start not speakers, when it comes out of them it is too late to fix the problems you will have by using poorly produced sound in the first place. As is said in IT circles GIGO (Garbage In = Garbage Out)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 2:16 am
@ TAO

Have now copied my tutorials into my blog.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 3:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)