Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: RE: Mixer Positioning

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi:

Using an external mixer, I am looking for tips on where to position 1&2 channels while using the crossfader. When bringing in record A should the slider be higher than record B, and vice versa, or should you leave them at the same position.

Thanks

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 1:27 pm
Hi,

I think (to start with at least), it's best to keep the faders at the same position (usually max.) but once you start the mix you might want to alter using either the gain controls or the channel faders. That's assuming that your mixer has gain controls.

Just incase anybody reading isn't familier with the drill, get the song you're about to mix in on the headphones and adjust the gain control so that it's the same volume as the song your playing by switching the headphones between(the UV meters on the mixeer help with this)

Personally, I just leave the crossfader in the middle (or turn the crossfader off) and only mix with the channel faders.

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 1:45 am
depends on the genre of music. if u scratch hiphop start@least 3 db lower.....learn how to use the led lights to guide u (if ur board has that option)

personally i don't use the crossfader for dance music...up & downs.. but if u must i would still use the same 3db down method once the fader is in the middle go ahead & move the up&down all the way up...if its already up.....then u know what to do with the gains.....if its still not loud enough...haha ,....it gets a little harder. turn down both up & downs while turning up the master....it will take a while for you to get a custom to it

Mensajes Wed 11 Apr 07 @ 3:23 am
When im mixing with vinyl i dont using touch my volume controlls (well, during the transition).
when cueing up my next track and getting it beat matched ill adjust the gain so that theyre both playing at the same volume, but yeah, i just stick the good ol' crossfader when changing songs...
happy mixing lads =)

Mensajes Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 1:38 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I try very hard to never put anything on max, good way to burn something, I believe in balance. For me, I have been mixing for a long time. I leave both channels at the same level...put the cross fader in the middle. Hit the break on the first beat....adjust the incoming song so the beats line up, if I miss timed my release..and then adjust the incoming songs channel up or down, usually up a little bit....it seems to my ear to sound better when the incoming song is almost, not quite, almost as loud as the one playing..and then I move the fader to the incoming songs side every few beats or so, until the break is over, then you should be all the way to the new song.

Mensajes Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 4:44 pm
YekiniHome userMember since 2007
hi guys, does any one know the short cut keys for PITCH BEND on a computer keyboard. need help thanx in advance

Mensajes Sat 16 Jun 07 @ 10:58 pm
It really comes down to preference. I know a lot of DJs don't use the crossfader but I prefer to use it, that's what I'm used to... Try both and see which method you like better, in the end it really doesn't make a difference.

Mensajes Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 6:03 pm
I see that someone said use the gains to adjust. Don't do that, clip the song and your mix will sound like shit. It really depends on your crossfader.

#1: Can you adjust the settings? ie. when the sound from each deck engages, disengages, and if it fades or cuts. I have 2 mixers that I use. The Pioneer DJM 707 and the DJM 800 (<---ouch that bad boy is hot). On both I can adjust the fader to the position where I want each deck to engage, cuts for scratching, fades for mixing.

#2: Always match the volumes in your headphones and if your mixer has LED's, let them help your ears.

#3: Learn to use the CROSSFADER! It will make you a better DJ.

#4: Also learn to use drops and fades of Bass. Your fingers should be touching the mixer making adjustments all during the transition. Drop that bass down if needed.

#4: Try this. Set your gains, matching the volumes in your headphones and LED's if needed. Move your Preview Track's (the one that is not the program (playing) volume slider 3/4's of the way up. As you begin the mix move the volume slider up to compensate for the lower volume. Adjust your bass levels approriately, a little less on one more on the other. Practice a few times and tell me what you think. Thats how I do longer mixes. Drops and Scratches are 2 different stories. If you can adjust your fader, might as well as forget about scratching.

Hope my info helps,
Charlie Five

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:11 am
Man, didn't notice this thread didn't have much recent action on it. Oh well hopefully it helps.

Mensajes Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 7:12 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)