Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: skipping - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

im having a problem with my music, every minute or two a song will skip in any random spot about 3 or 4 times during the song. ive tried using dxdiag and constant defrangs but it dosent seem to help, i know i have a lot of processes running(about 80) but i dont wanna mess with them. maby it could be some thing under performance in system properties. any help would be good please his happenes to me during gigs and its embrassing

ps. (i dont think it matters) but still use 3.4

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 8:15 pm
why don't you use VDJ 4.3?

The audio engine allows you to avoid skipping problems (if it is well configured)

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 12:03 am
beacause some fuctions like copy and sync dont work like they did on 3.4 and i need them for what i do, but its not only on vdj it skips on i tunes limewire, pretty much nything that plays music i think its my settings or something

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 4:10 am
i just need to know what the best settings or tweaks are so it wont skip

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 12:17 pm
ok if your tracks skip normally on any player, sure thing there is somethin to do :)

What's your sounds card? Silly question but have you updated your drivers? Try to decrease the hardware acceleration of your directx.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 3:45 pm
limewire ??????????????????????????? 80 processes ???????????????????????? go to trendmicro's free housecall first so you can lose the malware ........ then lose 2 or 3 DOZEN processes then continue from there ..........

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 4:48 pm
ive updated my drivers and its conexant(i think) my computer is a hp dv8380us notebook, intel core duo proccessor t4000, 1.83 GHz, 2gigs or ram and 240 gigs of memory

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 9:33 pm
conexant is a default soundcard what is your operating system

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 12:39 pm
what i read says it has 120 gig onboard ......nvidia video w/ 128 video ram vista capable, vista capable is the euphemism for media center edition ........

set a restore point and do not proceed unless you have your recovery discs........

you need to check your system and see how much malware you gave yourself using limewire first

then you really need to lose a lot of unnecessary crap your system came loaded with.......at a minimum get your processes below 50

turn off your wifi connection and change your power mgmt settings to never try those for a start

buying an external soundcard WILL NOT fix your problem .......

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 1:27 pm
see the top 10 common mistakes ............

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 2:26 pm
well ive done 2 full mcafee virus,malware, etc., deleted programs i dont use, ive cleaned up my comp pretty good, and also the processes were at 80 when i first got it

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:42 pm
80 processes? That's your problem, you don't have enough running. You need a minimum of 100 running, so it will be warm. While you're at it, why not just play Doom, while you are mixing. C'mon, get with the program. I just checked mine and I have 37, and I think that is too many.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 7:42 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a similar laptop dv8000 series and have the same problem. I was able to sort the problem out by disabling stuff I don't use like modem, wifi, network connections blah blah. Make sure you start up in safe mode to do this though, more options to disable things when your in safe mode. Run msconfig and turn off anything you don't feel necessary.

Anyways that solved the problem when I was just using the laptop with no added extras like my nuo4 or icdx. I still get random skips probably once every hour or so. I presume the probable cause is USB dropouts now so I'm buying a powered usb hub this weekend. If it works I'll post my feedback.

My last resort is obviously to nuke it and do a clean install. I'm just avoiding that cause I don't wanna blow my $ buying another copy of windows xp. This isn't that bad of an option though if your going vista. Full install of vista?

Anyways, good luck... remember to post your fix if you find it.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 10:53 pm
the msconfig is a good idea for him ......just turning off the wifi might do the trick ........ get some real antivirus too mcafee doesn't fit the description.....if you won't try housecall and alwil then get zone alarm or pc cillin.....

the number of processes it had outta the box doesn't mean that's okay to do pro audio with ....and it's not ........uninstall all the crap and then clean the registry

if it cost a lot or has 2 gigs of ram is not going to make you proof against problems

unfortunately you have media center edition, this is the last and most bloated flavor of xp .....

if you can't do audio with the default soundcard .....you have a few issues and you have no chance of getting a real soundcard to work until you fix these common problems see norways set up guide

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 6:30 am
@ i rids i don't think the powered hub is your answer .... try disable windows firewall

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 7:00 am
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
limewire ??????????????????????????? 80 processes ???????????????????????? go to trendmicro's free housecall first so you can lose the malware ........ then lose 2 or 3 DOZEN processes then continue from there ..........

I have 68 processes :p No worries :p

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 3:13 pm
there's an exception to the rule ?? i wouldn't encourage thinking that the amount of background extraneous load on the processor is not important.

i have media center edition myself...... i can rip , play Traktor , download ,run sonique in vdj at the same time , that's some pretty decent multi tasking w/ a notoriously cantankerous OS.....

i was exactly in his predicament not so long ago ....... i can tell you for a fact that b4 i bought vdj i was reading norway's set up guide and i bought a book about XP.......
because of help here and from Pre Sonus ( their Firebox is my soundcard) I pimped out my ride ....

You'll notice one of Cyder's top 10 bad ideas is don't have a dedicated music machine .....

We can easily spoon feed him the solution(s) but he needs to go thru the process ... if he still is stuck he can certainly get more help......

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 11:47 pm
Agreed with the above as a normal XP w/out antivirus should be runnin at about 22 processes, try end it all if you don't want to remove all these. End It All is a sweet little app that allows you to kill these processes then when you reboot all the processes are back in case you need them.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 12:32 am
that's pretty cool i'll try that.......that can be done w/ msconfig ......like the name ...lol

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 2:57 am
i'm embarassed to add that i don't have a shuttle nor something like it although i definitely acknowledge the benefits .........

i still have a dedicated music box and a back up ........

i probably wage war with malware and viruses and spam a little different than normal but it works for me

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 3:10 am
95%