Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Vista, VDJ,and DAC2 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

OKay after much wishy-washing about it - I'm going to install Vista on my DJ sys.

I'm off untill thursday night so lots of time to troubleshoot problems.

I'll keep any DAC2 users informed on compatability.

Mensajes Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 10:49 pm
OKay - Vista insatlled

VDJ 4.3 installed

DAC 2 drivers installed and working. VDJ reconizes the unit as well

cstolls DAC 2 mapper - fuctions in vista as well.

Only problem I'm experienceing is with the audio drivers.

Will continue to post for those interested.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 8:32 am
Just out of curiosity - was anyone interested in this subject besides me?

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 5:14 pm
i am:)

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 5:18 pm
I am interested.
I installed VISTA Bussiness over my XP Pro and VDJ works, however I was locked out as user 3 times in a day - I have to figure out why - Is there any special tweak for VIsta?
I have a DAC 2 and was hesitanat to install because of sound card issue and have ordered Hercules MKII but if you make it work please keep posting - I would like to follow
Please keep posting and thanks

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 6:15 pm
OKay - I'm having a real hic-cup here.

When I installed vista yesterday - it installed seamlessly.

dac2 worked well in VDJ

Today I went to correct the sound driver issue.

I was talking to some regulars at the club last night who work at Dell's support call center here in Edmonton.

She was telling me that because I did not delete and format my system hard drive; the Vista driver was conflicting with the XP driver.

So i went into the install prgramm and deleted the partition and re-formated the hard drive.

Now Vista locks up solid during the install process. I enter my product Key and it waits about 30-40 seconds and it locks up.

I'll be talking to my "advisor" soon to.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 8:08 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
That very well could be, you should always install a clean O/S from a freshly formatted hard drive.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 8:14 pm
Yup - I made an error - but now after formating - it doesn;t seem to like the drive.

I hope it doesn't crash and burn for good.

The drive I'm using is about a year old one - I have a second brand new - still in the static wrap hard drive.

If all else fails I'll install that drive and re-try installing Vista.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 8:17 pm
OKay here's the final post on this at least untill I can get to the ponit of actually DJ'ing.

Vista install issues - solved.

Removed the HardDrive that was giving me issues

Formated it on another machine.

Re-installed it and vista installed seamlessly again.

Downloaded the audio drivers from my MOBO's web site support. (ASUS)
Downloaded the Video drivers from same.
Downloaded Dac2 Mapper (cstoll version) from VDJ
Downloaded Dac2 Drivers From PCDJ (only XP drivers avail - might be generic)

Installed all of the above.

Config 'ed the internal mobo sound to 5.1 mode in control panel
Config 'ed to 3 channel external mixer / 6.1 (3 channel) mode in VDJ sound setup.

Here's the big finish.....................

So far everything works.

DAC 2 is responding exactly like cstoll's mapper is telling it to.

I'm getting sound out of all three channels in the position they are supposed to be.

After one inital scare with the software crossfader being disabled I experienced some white noise, but it turned out to be related to the XML file for scanning info being deleted (I didn't back it up.)

After scanning a few songs the white noise dissappered.

Side note: Sound quality settings in vista is set to DVD quality - 48000 sample rate - is a nice setting good quality.

That's where i sit right now - I will do some heavy mixing later on today after My MP3 harddrive finishes being scanned for BPM by VDJ.

In the meantime.....

To hell with all this VDJ stuff

I'm going to make lunch and then go to a pub with some friends and watch Wrestlemania and drink some beer.

Good luck for anyone else who wants to use the DAC2 in Vista
So far I'm not disappointed

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 11:05 pm
good topic , but you're supposed to wait to do all this an hour before the gig , right ??

also which beer is best for scanning ??

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 12:31 pm
Last night's beer of choice was - "BIG ROCK brewery - Honey Brown Lager"

Side note - Wrestlemania last night - while fun to go drinking with the boys - the actual show was lame

then agin - it was pro wrestling - so what did I expect?

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:22 pm
I'll post how the system is responding later in the afternoon tomorrow and thursday.

Havn't had any time to really put it through a workout yet.

Any other DAC 2 users find this thread of any help?

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 5:44 am
OKay this is it for this thread for me anyway - unless people want to comment.

VDJ + VISTA + DAC 2 ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to kick VDJ in the nuts and cranked all setting to max

max quality setting
auto latency
master tempo - set to advanced
scratch to enhanced.

I dj'ed for 3 hours straight - no autopilot - me operating the DAC With sonique visualizations cranked in the second monitor, operating on slideshow changing about every 3 seconds or so. I also typed in some text plugin messages over my second monitor that got me slapped by my GF (they were dirty)

I was searching and mixing songs every 1:30 or 2 mins max

My CPU meter rarely went over 50%

If i was using regular video's and transitions it would be even lower.

I only had one freeze-up when I was operating VDJ while unzipping the files for sonique and also for the whorldff visualizations.

The only thing I did not attempt this time was too RIPP a CD while mixing. - But that'll be later on tonight.

Any DAC 2 dinosaurs like me out in VDJ world thinking about this............

DO NOT HESITATE - DO IT - DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 12:29 am
That's some serious abuse!

You've got that mobo that somebody mentioned in the other vista thread haven't you?

Do you mind me asking what processor and ram you've got plugged into it?

I've got a laptop where the video card isn't quite up to it i think, and a desktop without a pci-e slot for a graphics card, so was thinking about trying to upgrade something (maybe the mobo on the desktop), but that's a different thread...

:)

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 2:34 am
I have this MOBO:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=file&memx_menu=EmbedProductDetail.php&DisplayProductID=8384&SID=

ASUS M2NPV-VM

It's an am2 socket
Athlon x2 3800+ cpu 2.00 Ghz duo-core
2 Gigs of ram
Nivida 6150 GPU (assignable 265MB video RAM in sys bios)

Here is the entire system in it's latest incarnation:

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/DJ%20Marcel_1/

rack case, dac2, dual vga monitors on the mainboard, 6.1 soundcard onboard.

So far, some of the best money I've spent

Oh yes - I disabled Vista Defender and set the Performace options the same as I set -up XP - windows to best performance.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 2:57 am
Yeah I am having the opposite luck here now my waveform is choppy and I have to use the smart mode with the MK2. I can't get this to work.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 2:59 am

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 3:05 am
I did the 2007 updates. It may be the fact that I cant get my asus updates. Also are you runnin wmp11 and direct x 9.0c or is there a higher one than that???

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 3:34 am
Actually I don;t know what level of media player, I never checked.

But I did download the latest and greatest directx from Mircosoft. At least as of three days ago.

What model of MOBO do you have?

here is asus's download link:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?

do a keyword search for your MOBO by model - if you don;t know it - open the case and look at the MOBO - it'll be on there - ASUS and bunch of letter and number goobilty gook

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 4:03 am
ok it wasnt working before, I may have to pull this drive and format it on another pc. Check and see how many processes you have running, mine is showing somewhere around 40 and also my soniques are jumpy.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 4:07 am
45%