Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: dj ina box yay or nay

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

LoballHome userMember since 2007
Hello, newbie here. I was sort of thrown into this djing thing on a fluke. i started with the trail version of DJ Mix Station3, as well as some demo software. but VDJ seem a lot easier to get the hang of. Anyway I began to see how difficult it was to do certain things on the lap top because of having to utilize several keystokes and things. looked into getting a controller and yes the hunt was on... man theres a lot of stuff out there, I settled well not settled but purchased the MK2... (love my new toy), the only exception would be the jog wheels being to close to the fader(just have to be real careful). So now i am thinking about stepping up and adding a set of turntables and a mixer.... been looking at the dj in a box deals from numark and gemini also stanton.

I know in order to use the TCV's I need the pro version, so thats not an issue yet.

I am more curious about the qaulity of the turn tables amd mixer in those dj in a box systems. I do enjoy playing and in some cases recreating music. My delima is that I dont want to get a cheap set of TT's to just then have to try and sell them when I am ready to move up, however I curently don't have the kind of monies need for the fancier TT's. Where's the middle ground???

Any and all replies, advise, comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

PS: I think i'm gunna need one of those fancy dj names too...

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 11:38 pm

Stay away from belt-drives, and get direct drives..

Numark tt200 for example

As long as its direct drive, its a good starting turntable set.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 11:44 pm
my advice would be to scan ebay, local newspapers etc for a 2nd hand set of technics 1200s or similar model, you can pick them up for relatively cheap now thanks to the explosion of the cdj.
As you find yourself progressing you may want to upgrade your mixer but you would never need to upgrade your turntables as these are pretty much industry standard.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 11:54 pm
try www.craigslist.org

i have found tons of stuff for a lot cheaper than ebay. Its worth a shot to look. usually people getting rid of turntables there have records and other stuff that they are willing to toss in to sweeten the deal.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 1:01 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Look for a second hand pair of Technics 1210's. I promise you nothing comes close to them. If you can afford to learn on them, they are regarded as the best.

They are direct drive and work on magnets, no moving parts to wrong.

Good luck!

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 1:17 am
Hey thanks for the feed back so far. To be honest i've been searching for over three weeks now... and am getting wornout.

would love a set of 1200's but right now they're kinda... well "ouch says the wallet"
And the search continues....

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 4:53 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't think you should get it - here's why:

You'll pay probably about $400 for it, but when you sell it, you'll be hard-pressed to get $100 for it. That's a huge loss! Also, the mixer that comes in these are generally TERRIBLE. I learned all this the hard way!

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 6:46 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yah, its true, dj package in a box is of no use especially those who acclaimed to be the platform to djing, yet came with a belt driven tt. U should try to buy the direct drive tt first and use them with ur mk2, then in the later stage shop for a good mixer. That a good step in making ur money worth it. happy hunting:)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 8:19 pm
well man i no ur situation, i also have the hurclules mk2 and i love mine.

When looking for turntables i knew i wasn't going to use them much except to play around with at home. I usually shop on prosound and i purchased the stanton dj 3 thing. It came with 2 stanton T.80 and a stanton m.202 mixer. I got all the wires and everything to get started even headphones....

So far they have worked perfect. I've been having them for over 7 months and use them about 4 times a week for practice and stuff and i have had no problems with them and i'm still on the needles that came with them, so yea i would definetly say stanton is the bomb!!!! hope this helps

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 8:32 pm
did some looking around on ebay. Not a big fan of ebay because... well you just never know. But anyway... I found a set of Numark TT200's seems pretty reasonable...cost wise about 240US for both. Any comments?

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 9:20 am
thank you "Alienjelo" for grabbing up the tt200's on ebay.... nice to see the cut throut are alive and well.
BUt then I guess its my fault.... should have kept my f***ing mouth shut....
Not problem hope ou enjoy the TT'S.
Happy Djing

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 2:33 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I know the Technics seem a bit pricey, it is worth every penny. Stanton, Numark (of which I am a hugh fan) and others are very close. But when you use the Techinics you will know where the money went. I recomend the 1200MKII personally. They are the TT that started this whole thing off after all, not to mention that you can still buy them new today. There is a whole f$^&@#g lot to said for something that has lasted in todays marketplace for twenty years! You might have to wait a bit longer to afford them, but you will not be sorry. Also, God forbide, say you break one of them. Parts are available all over for the Technics TT. Also do you homework on a mixer. My company owns four, 3 Numarks and one American Audio. One of my Numark mixers is over 20 years old and still kranking out great sounds. Long story short (I know too late) buy deep and go long!

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 2:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)