Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ Back Up Set Up if External Sound Card Goes Down

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just wanted to let all VDJ users in on a back up set up incase your external sound card goes down for any reason. (I am sure a few people are already aware of this)

I always want back up plan(s) with computers. I found the perfect solution for cueing and mixing. I bought the PCDJ UDJ-1 USB Headphone. ( $70.00)

Last night I went straight from my laptop via 1/8 inch to RCA monster cables into the back of an old power amp (can also go straight into one channel of a mixer). I plugged the head phones into an available USB port. Went into VDJ Config choose; Outputs: Headphones, Soundcard: 2 Cards +, Picked my laptop sound card as primary and my headphone as secondary... Presto... I could cue and mix in the headphones. Everything worked perfect. I was playing around for a few hours.

Seems like a great alternative to carrying a back up sound card. Plus, technically you do not need an external mixer. For real tight spaces you could go from your laptop to your Amp and or EQ.

CM

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 4:19 pm
how are those headphones? do they distort easily? are they loud?

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 5:17 pm
I have been pleasantly surprised with how good the headphones sound. Of course I am not expert but I did not hear any distortion and for the price you can't beat them. I do not know if anyone else makes USB phones. CM

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 8:36 pm

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 8:51 pm
Ok, but can you cue both the master, and cue lines at the same time before you actually put the volume up, or just one at a time? most cases, there is no monitor where I dj, no place around me cept for one has a monitor so I can hear the mix coming in clear. With those headphones, can you cue both channels? Also, can those be used as normal headphones or only usb?

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 7:09 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I always leave a mixed dvd with old school hits (that work good with the crowd of songs I don't play a lot) in our DVJ-x1000 so if the computer crashes I just switch to that untill I can fix the problem.
I also have a mixed DVD with the club's logo doing all kinds of transitions with about an hour of good music as the background that works well.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 9:13 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)