Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: I need alittle help with Numark Cue.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I run Numark Cue.
I have 2 laptops and 2 -X-hard drives. both HD are the same make and model,both HD's are mirrored the same..right down to the same drives letters...
The Ver of Cue is 4.3r12 on both laptops.

Here is the question/Problem....
How come 1 laptop reads ID3 tags. and the other doesnt. ----> AND yes I set it to read ID3 tags in Config....
the laptop that will read the ID3 tags will not see all the songs...
I live in Milwaukee, WI ..... I know it will be hard to answer this on line. and I know you will need more info about the problem. So if we can work it out on the phone it might be easyer.

Unless this is a know problem and is a easy fix...

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 5:37 pm
Try right clicking on the database on the laptop where you copied a database too. Make sure you the "read only" box is not checked. If it is, uncheck it, then click okay. Another window will come up giving you the option to apply this changes to all subfolders and files, make sure you do this.

This might not fix your the problem, but give it a try :)

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 6:44 pm
I should say, "database" as in the main folder where you hold all of your music. The goal is to make sure that your MP3 files did not come across as "read only". Often times Microsoft Winblows will change the attribute to "read only" when you copy files. This does two things. It will prevent you from writing new tags to the mp3, and it may change the file just enough so that it looks different to Virtualdj. Changing the attribute so that is it NOT read only should solve this. Hope this helps.

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 6:47 pm

Also make sure that if you copied your database files over, both the database text file and the xml file, make sure these files are also set for proper read & write access, and that they are NOT read only, as you will not be able to save any new data.

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 6:49 pm
Will, I went in to the music file and it is set for read only. so I changed it like you said, didnt work...
If any one know any help .
Thank you

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 10:47 pm
ok, I now see that the 1 laptop that reads the ID3 tags ,,,,alos see all the music. I didnt see that at 1st.

So it is just the 2nd laptop that will not read all the ID3 tags.. it does read some...

If I take that HD off the 2nd. and put it to the #1 laptop---- it will read ALL the Id3 tags. but when I put it back to the 2nd laptop it will not read ALL the ID3 tags...

Does this make any sence???

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 11:24 pm
I fix it.

I went in to the XML files. on the one HD and copyed them . I killed the XML files from the 2nd HD and pasted in the 1st HD XML's
All fixed.... :)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 12:49 am
Put that XML somewhere safe incase of a corrupt situation. Always good to only have to do 5 min of work instead of 5 days work..

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 12:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)