Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 4.3 updater

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Lar5000PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have just downloaded and ran the 4.3 updater (PC, pro version) but my VDJ still says version 4.2 in Config>Info. Do I also have to run the full 4.3 installer? I don't want to try it because I'm afraid I will lose my mp3 database info.

Also, I previously scanned my hard drive for all media files but since then have renamed a lot of files. These renamed files are still listed in my Local Database under the old names so they give an error if they are dragged to any of the turntables. I know that I can right-click and select 'Remove from search DB' so that the old names don't show anymore but how do I update the Local Database for the new names without having to re-scan, which would wipe out my existing database and I would lose all my cue points and BPM data that I had to set manually (since most of my music is not house music VDJ does not analyse them correctly)?

Thanks,
Lar5000

Mensajes Tue 03 Apr 07 @ 7:46 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
First...

You can install VirtualDJ Pro 4.3 and don't loose your actual Database. But, it is always recomemed to backup your database file. Copy the file VirtualDJ Database ("your windows user").XML to another Windows folder and you will be covered. Take a look in here for backup information:
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/acw_dj/blog2784.html

When you use "Remove from DB" (DataBase) you can also select "ADD to Search DB" (DataBase). You can ADD a single file a folder with all files in there or a whole disk. This actions don't analize your songs anymore, it only make the correct path to access all this music you have fro play with VirtualDJ.

Regards,

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 8:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)