Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DJ Competition

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys, wanted to get your feed back in regards to a dj competition. There is one going on in my area, but it's not a battle, but more of a who can get the crowd going and have smoother mixes. I was called because of one of my demo's I sent. But I feel that I'm kinda of cheating in a way, because I use XP10'S and VDJ. This really makes Djing so much easier. I have spent time getting all of my BPM correct, so that way I have a full list of songs I can mix. What's your feedback? BTW grand prize is $1k and two technique TT.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 4:42 pm
sounds like agreat idea
sould be good for the experience

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 5:05 pm
Is it a turntable based competition? If so you might be disqualified for useing xp10's.

If not you're good to go.

I would hazard a guess that some of the competetors are using Serato as well.

Wanna screw with their heads?

Rent a video projector and do a video set. Beatmixing, scratching, remixing all done to video. Might as well call those TT's and G-note yours

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 5:08 pm
THEY HAVE 4 PROJECTORS!!! =)
And the club owner was blown away when I told him about the video capabilities!!

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 5:22 pm
dude blow them away with a preset playlist & show what technology is about. Don't feel bad for the people/djs that don't keep up with technology.

rip'em to shreds.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 6:24 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK...
I'v been in several battles so I will tell you that almost anything goes.
One time a DJ I know brought his own light show and used costumes, that scored high with the crowd and gave him points with the judges.
Pre-edit your videos, practice your show, count the BPM diffrence, put tape on your records to put the needle set in the right place quickly, set your cue marks pre-show, make sure you do as many tricks as you know to display your talent but don't over do it, and make sure your show is clean!
If you ever seen DJ2ndNature, you will see a lot of post-production work. this is the key to his show, and he has done some amazing work.
Good Luck!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 9:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)