Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Video Mixers for VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj sykoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
besides the Hercules MK2 and the Ecler NU04 can the djs here list other 'VIDEO' mixers that control the video transition crossfade of VDJ?

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 8:59 pm
- Ecler Evo5
- Pioneer DJM800
- Allan&Heath Xone3d & 2d
- Korg Zero4 & Zero8
- Behringer DDM4000

And lots more ;)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 9:25 pm
dj-in-norway u r the man. i've noticed you're on top of EVERYTHING in the dj business regarding VDJ. can you keep going with that list? i'm trying to do a price and quality comparison before shelling out $$ on something above the HERCULES MK2.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 9:35 pm
One thing you might want to consider is getting a midi controller for the crossfader SEPERATELY, so you have independent control of the audio and video crossfader...

This can be good for beatmixing djs, where you want the video to come in before or after the audio blend start.

For hiphop djs, scratch djs, and so on, having video & audio on SAME crossfader is often preffered.
(Mixers mentioned above in thread).

For the solution where you have separate control of the faders, you can use ANY audio mixer, and just add a midi controller for the video crossfader, like this one :

Such a controller also adds lots of knobs and buttons to control other software features, video effects and transitions and so on ...

If you want the solution where the external mixer controls BOTH faders at the same time, the list above is pretty much whats currently at the market, but all the industry hardware companies are currently adding midi to their mixer (because of software popularity), so the near future will have even more to choose from.

For a fast solution for such a mixer, the Nuo4 would be the best cost/function ratio choice..

:)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 9:44 pm
in previous posts i've expressed my interest in getting the NU04. it's looking like my best bet. The ev05 and the new behringer mixer look interesting but the nu04 seems best at this point. the seperate midi controller is nice but not for me.

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 10:05 pm

Nuo4 then... ;) its a good tested choice, used by lots of VDJ users...

The Behringer looks promising (and is cheaper), but noone have tested it yet..

So if you can afford the Nuo4, that would be a safe good choice ;)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 10:19 pm
Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The Xone 3D would be awesome (If you can afford it).

-Kenny Q

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 10:27 pm

If not in a hurry, the Korg Zero4 is also worth considering...
It has built in soundcard too ;)

Mensajes Wed 04 Apr 07 @ 10:35 pm

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 6:36 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would love it if VDJ or someone would come up with an interface that uses the "crossfader start" feature found on many new mixers, that would work with VDJ just like the Pioneer DVJ switcher.
That would be cool! maybe a "crossfader start" to MIDI adaptor.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 8:43 am
pern is working on this as we speak. will work with fader start not midi.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 8:45 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
funkturnal wrote :
pern is working on this as we speak. will work with fader start not midi.

It will work with the crossfader start from external mixers and generate MIDI to VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 9:29 am
I have 2 Rane mixers that cost almost $1000 each with the crossfader start feature, I would hate to have to down-grade my mixer or pay another $1600 to be able to use the crossfader on VDJ,
so this is good news for me!
Thanks Pern!

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 9:34 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm working on 2 different solutions for this.

One that also has a Video X-fader , extra buttons and effect functionality.

One with just some buttons that works like the Pioneer Video Switch. For this i'm at the moment waiting for a special low cost USB IC from The U.S.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 10:19 am
You deserve more stars if you can do this

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 10:37 am
pern wrote :
I'm working on 2 different solutions for this.

One that also has a Video X-fader , extra buttons and effect functionality.

One with just some buttons that works like the Pioneer Video Switch. For this i'm at the moment waiting for a special low cost USB IC from The U.S.

Can I be a beta tester? :-)

I will be your first customer if you actually see these!!

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 11:19 am
I'll be your 2nd

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 12:01 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Love that xsession.
I just assigned one knob for all the samples volumes and another to scroll the 1-12 samples on both decks and one button for each deck for sample recording.
Thing fits like a glove.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 12:28 pm
Pern is this going to be a software item or a hardware device? please explain some more. thanks.

Mensajes Thu 05 Apr 07 @ 7:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)