Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: The Best Laptop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Kenny QPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, I still haven't gotten into video mixing yet because my 4 year old laptop couldn't handle it.

I'm not interested in a shuttle PC (not yet at least).

I'm thinking about getting a lenovo/IBM notebook because they are known to be the most reliable PC laptops.

I would like to know what kind of laptops have been working flawlessly with VDJ.

I mean absolutely no problems.

What should I get?
Your help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Kenny Q

Mensajes Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 5:38 pm
Same here, my PC doesn't work anymore, and I don't want to instal CUE yet if I don't think it will handle it, so I need to get a laptop aswell. I was thinking 2.5GHz duo core would probably be best? There was a thread about Duo cores and apparently they are best, because I think the software is designed to split the threads of information from the software between the two cores. Don't quote me on that one ;-)

Mensajes Fri 06 Apr 07 @ 7:57 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 12:03 am
Rick I have the same thing only in a HP. I had to have mine built, because I wanted it with XP Pro in it. I just got my free Vista disc in the mail. I am going to wait to install it...
what is your screen rez?
mine is 1680x1050. still looking for a big skin ..

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 2:06 am
That Sony looks great but pretty expensive.
Do you have any problems with video?
What kind of video card?

-Kenny Q

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 5:58 am
WOW! I've been looking at the specs on that Sony. It's an awesome laptop.

-Kenny Q

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 6:48 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What are your thoughts on Laptops vs towers (desktops)? I'm kinda thinking that Laptops for DJing is overrated. What do you think? You can get a lot more bang for the buck with a desktop and it is so much easier to upgrade and stuff? You can get pretty tight carrying cases/bags for desktops and stuff. I know it's not as portable as a laptop, but if we're carrying around a whole rig anyway, it seems worth it to go all out on a desktop. Especially since you can deck it out with a cooling system and neon lighting.

Chris Kelley

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 11:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I prefer a Shuttle actually, the Sony is my backup and dmx machine.
Got some pics in my blog of the shuttle build.

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 07 @ 1:13 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)