Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Cue and VDJ pro Differences????

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I have read a few posts that infer to the difference between the two programs. What are they and can Cue be updated? Or am I out of Pocket if I want to upgrade?

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 2:52 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the name

updates will continue for you for a very long time , unless otherwise specified like with vdj

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 3:11 am
So did Numark buy out VDJ?
It sounds like VDJ isnt going to get updates? and Cue will?
Why is it the same program with a different name?

What is the back story?
What is to come?

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 3:30 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
answers on a postcard please...

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 4:31 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hmmm... good point... if numark bought VDJ, what'll happen to us, since I would have thought they will want to faze vdj out to replace it with their own product (the more CUE users there are the more publicity they recieve). If this is the case, and VDJ ceases to exist as a company, will we get free updates still? I suspect we probably won't, but it could potentially be extremely damaging to Numark's reputation as they may appear to screw over existing customers of brands they buy.

IF they have bought VDJ it'd make sence to simply transfer us all over to them, still allowing us to recieve updates etc to avoid people getting angry etc which potentially could create a massive snowball effect. And I dont even think they'll be legally obliged to do this ether (but don't quote me)

Someone must know what's happening, and until they put out an official statement who knows? We can only speculate.

*shrugs* Let's hope that if Numark have bought out VDJ they will play nicely and see us all right lol.

As for the prices: VDJ is currently £161.32 and CUE is £185-200 ish so the price difference is not too dissimilar, since that was the online price of VDJ so no packaging etc.

Time shall tell :o) but I have had no reason to doubt Numark to date, so I'm staying possitive :o)

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 4:57 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't see Virtual DJ going away anytime soon
Years down the line they might develope thier own but for now
it seems they are pretty dependent on the current architecture

What about development?

Is this a joint venture?

Many new products based on Cue coming down the line
How's the cordination done..

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 5:06 am
yeah, if it is a joint venture does this mean that numark might help out with development costs etc? if so this could potentially be a huge advantage over other companies such as serato (yay!) heh. But yeah, how is this going to work? (if at all any merger has happened/will happen). It could be a simple contract where numark pays VDJ to simply repackage the software, like home brand baked beans in supermakets for example. A lot of them come from the same factory but are sent out to different companies with different packaging for them to sell as their own, for example

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 5:17 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
numark paid virtual dj for the right to have their own version of virtual dj so that they could sell their own hardware , and have their own branded softwarem , vdj gets money for every copy sold.

vdj is its own company and for the forseable future will remain so :)

for now the cue updates are the same as the virtual dj updates free

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 3:27 pm
Thats good to hear. I figured something like that was the most likely situation. thanks for clearing that up Skyfxl. :o)

Mensajes Sat 07 Apr 07 @ 3:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)