Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Adjusting the gain/volume level on music videos

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

I've been ripping alot of the music videos of late and just wondering if there is any software that someone can recommend that will adjust the volume levels of the audio for a *.vob or *.mpg.

Alot of the older music vids I have the audio level is just so low, even when I adjust the gain to max on my mixer.

I know mp3gain is awesome with mp3's. Any for videos?

Mensajes Thu 12 Apr 07 @ 1:05 am
*bump

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 12:23 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sony vegas?

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 12:39 am
think sky's right, i havn't heard of any that will automatically do it.

Sony vegas can do it, also sony acid (the audio editing program) can do it if you buy a plugin that lets you import mpeg2 files.

My new favourite software TMPGEnc can do it aswell, it has options for volume adjustment and normalisation. And it can do a whole batch in one go if you buy the full version i think.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 2:09 am
I use vegas to edit vid clips but don't really wanna go thru the process of using it to adjust the volume level. Too time consuming. Looking for something which will kinda do a batch conversion.

Does anyone use the auto gain in vdj? To be honest I always have it disabled... maybe?

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 2:11 am
I use the auto gain, and depending on the VOB it will over compensate and give you a mess. Be careful with it and AC-3 encoded stuff.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 2:56 am
I use Imtoo dvd ripper and I find it distorts the sound if I rip to mpeg2 format. Its kinda weird because if I rip into vob format the video encoder is the same mpeg2 and the audio encoder is the ac3 but the sound is alot better?

Once they are ripped in vob format I just change the extension to mpg.

I was hoping to test out vdj's dvd ripper but it doesnt seem to work in vista :(

I've got TMPEnc, maybe I'll test it out.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 5:12 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
there is a program coming in a few months from the makers of Miked In Key

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 7:39 am
I wrote a script to do it. Pretty simple using command line tools like ffmpeg or mplayer. Just split the audio to a wav file, split the video to an .m2v file (assuming you have vob rips), use a command line normalizer on the wave file, such as "normalize", re-mux the volume adjusted wav file back to the m2v file to create a normalized mpg file. If you're really feeling tricky, you can use a command line mp3 encoder to encode the wav to mp3 and create a mpg file with mp3 audio.

By the way, I do this all with free software. "real" free software, as in opensource.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 9:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)