Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: I need help im making a mini studio,,plz

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi guys, So i was thinking of making a small studio in my basement for remixing..what do i need?
I already have

HP DV2120 laptop with AMD 64 X2 1.6 GHz, 512kb+512 Kb
it is media center edition. 120GB hard drive
1024MB memory.

Hercules MK2
Sony MDR-V700 headphones.
Virtual dj 4.1 and virtual dj 3.4 dj console edition

I need studio speakers i know that..but what else could help me out i dont need turntables because i remix punjabi music and we dont need scratching for that lolzz. what kind of cables and stuff do i need sorry im just getting stared goin to pro.

Mensajes Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:01 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The First step is deciding on a budget. Speakers and cables and such will be depending on your wallet.

Mensajes Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:11 pm
i got $1500 to spend

Mensajes Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:12 pm
How much space do you have. The larger the space the more it takes to hear the sounds. Also sound proofing might be an issue. Is it concrete or drywalled? I persoanlly use self powered monitors. Cables can be pruchased online. The longer they are the more $ your going to need. VDJ is a great program but, you might need ProTools or Adobe Audition. Also if your going to put your monitors close to your PC, say less than a foot, your going to need near field monitors. They are dsigned to filter out interference.

Mensajes Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 10:20 pm
OoO I See well..a frind of mine is a mucis director in india and he's comin to the US next week he say's he's gonna bring some softwares like CuBase and ACID?? are those programs for remixing? are they very hard to use like VDJ is the very easy. and he say's that i should buy a midi to USB cable so i can hook up my keyboard to my laptop..but idk how play the keyboard lolzzz. I guess i can learn how to make basslines and stuff.

ok so my walls will be drywall...my room will be small nothing too big i can't really give you thr exact dimentions rite now but it will be small.

Mensajes Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 12:01 am
are you going to record any "live" or acoustic instruments ?? loud amplified instruments ?? how are you going to keep the doorbell, vaccuum cleaner and basically all the sounds of the outside world out when you are trying to critically listen and/or record ???

to multi track i don't think too many people will take you seriously if you don't have Pro Tools ......

you are going to need truly excellent mixdown monitors probably near field if you don't have much room

always take a prospective final mix and listen to it in a car or two ......

Mensajes Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 12:16 am
I am not familure with those programs. Why dont you get your room built and then write back. With sizes and such. Also run a seperate power line if you have room in your breaker box for another ircuit breaker. Preferablly 20amp, grounded. While you finishing your room you can start window shopping for monitors and cabling.

Mensajes Sun 15 Apr 07 @ 12:20 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)