Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Visual Turntablism with Atomix VirtualDJ ft. Icy Ice

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Here's a preliminary rough demo of VDJ (windows) being used with TCV's and performed by my turntablist crew (LEGEND Entertainment) partner Icy Ice of the world famous Beat Junkies, 93.9 Movin' (Los Angeles), www.StacksVinyl.com, 90.7 KPFK (Los Angeles) Divine Forces Radio and www.ExclusiveGrooves.com :

This video was created back in February and I just thought I'd share... stay tuned for more from him and others including myself! ;)

Peace!

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

P.S.
The video stuttering was due to the software program we used to capture the video. Upcoming demos will be hardware based captures. Special thanks to anewsome for the use of his equipment for us to test out VDJ with TCV's.

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 12:02 pm
BTW-

Skip to 4:15 (Award Tour into Headsprung mix) or 3:20 (Headsprung into 1 Thing mix) in the video if you want to see and hear (respectively) how responsive the TCV's are with VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 1:17 pm
nice, nice, nice!

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 3:23 pm
ConQuest wrote :
BTW-

Skip to 4:15 (Award Tour into Headsprung mix) or 3:20 (Headsprung into 1 Thing mix) in the video if you want to see and hear (respectively) how responsive the TCV's are with VDJ.

That part was AWESOME!! ;)

I see Anewsomes logo in there, so I bet this video if from the first ever run IcyIce had on VDJ;)

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 6:18 pm
2 things

One, in the snoop video, is that the computer thats sluggin out and thats why is kinda bugs out, or was it in the encoding of the flv file?

Two, is he using a plug in that is like a fader curve for the up and down faders? cause you can tell hes not using the x-fader to do those scratches, the video transition is just sitting still. (Unless he has a separate control for the video x-fader)

Ill video though, i liked it alot! Thanx for posting!!

PS What are the specs / soundcard / videocard that was used to make it?

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 6:29 pm
The video it too tight ConQuest. You and your crew are really representing VDJ the right way. This video should be placed on the home page of this website!

OO

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 7:37 pm
Lol, got to love the humpty dance!

Nice video though, cool scratching, but i think the choice of 1 thing after headsprung sounded really cool, the beats sit really well together!

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 7:39 pm
i bust out laughing , it was great ! headsprung to 1 thing to humpty was a great segment !!!!!

the whole thing was great

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 9:26 pm

Mensajes Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 10:44 pm
pdnmusic wrote :
nice, nice, nice!

Thanks from all of us.

dj-in-norway wrote :
I bet this video if from the first ever run IcyIce had on VDJ;)

That is correct norway. =)

dj schmidty wrote :
2 things

One, in the snoop video, is that the computer thats sluggin out and thats why is kinda bugs out, or was it in the encoding of the flv file?[quote]

We didn't use the greatest software based capture program. As stated in the original post, our future captures will be hardware based.

[quote=dj schmidty]Two, is he using a plug in that is like a fader curve for the up and down faders? cause you can tell hes not using the x-fader to do those scratches, the video transition is just sitting still. (Unless he has a separate control for the video x-fader)

There were separate controllers being used for audio and video.

We don't have midi mixers yet, but I got my eye on the new Mackie d.4. =)

Hopefully we'll have one for the next demo we shoot and capture.

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 4:58 am
hey.. the vid demo was... great................ what type of sound card do you have.... connected

pci... usb???? what.............. sure which i could scratch like. dat..............

who am i fooling........... never even touched a turntable in my life.......... have cd decks..
but seriously... can timecode cds... have the same effect...........

wonderful demo mon

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 10:30 am
i guess you just had a natural preference to do it in windows ..........LOL

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 2:01 pm
o.k ;
on world tour ... the video is in a picture frame.
Whaat plug ins did you get that?.. even in the scatch transition the vid in the small window has a wooden frame around it.

thanks

btw: great mix ;)

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 7:00 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
perhaps the picture frame is on the original video

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 8:06 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
its the way the tribe video is.

How was this recorded? I would love to see a record out option in vdj that saves to an AVI saving the need for 2 pc's

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 07 @ 8:13 pm
seriously doubt that would work... Encoding, AND writing a videofile to disk, while decoding, and manipulating sound and video source at the same time, without lag in performance, seems way to much work for a personal computer of todays standards.

Mensajes Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 6:28 am
listen2 wrote :
its the way the tribe video is.

How was this recorded? I would love to see a record out option in vdj that saves to an AVI saving the need for 2 pc's

It was recorded using FRAPS to a 2nd windows pc.

FYI, videos created with FRAPS can only be opened on a computer with FRAPS installed on it.

Some proprietary encoding or whatever I guess.

Mensajes Mon 23 Apr 07 @ 10:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)