Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Anyone having this issue with TCCDs?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
at different times and different songs the tempo will bump up towards the end of the song and you then can't control the tempo with the tccds. the pitch bend buttons and pitch slider on the controller with the tccds does not respond.

anyone having this happen to them from time to time using 4.3 and m audio connectiv?

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:27 am
okay just happened again on deck 2. it acts as though perhaps the data connection is being lost.

when u would hit the cue button on the dn d6000 the song would usually stop in vdj but it keeps playing and the pitch buttons and slider on the controller doesn't do anything with the software to get the song back on track...software does not respond to external controller commands.

I'm not using a hub at all. soundcard goes into the back of th cpu usb port the same usb port all the time.

any help on this would be great because this happened a couple of times using the pioneer cdj 1000s on both deck 1 and deck 2.

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 6:53 am
okay this is really beginning to piss me off and cause trainwrecks when mixing!! arrrghhhhhh deep breath I know. :)this time it happened on deck 1 with a 132bpm song pitched down to 130. while mixing out of it it decides to bump down to 126bpm but deck 1 bpm is still reading 130 next to time remaining! wth??!!??

oh this time I was able to get it back on track with the denon controller pitch slider and pitch bend buttons but what the hell is causing the songs to just drop in tempo???

please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 7:07 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
try play the timecode track on a different CD player, even just a normal one. See what happens. This will account for whether the problem is with the actual CD or the d6000

I somehow doubt its with the software

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 3:10 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Maybe you are losing some timecode signal, just a few percent for a split second. You wouldn't notice if you were becuase there is no way of seeing, but if it was happening you would get the problems you've described.

I kept my timecode config window open and left my cd running from beginning to end to see if i got any loss is signal, and i did, so it just takes some tweaking.

Gary

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 3:16 pm
JayMSY wrote :
at different times and different songs the tempo will bump up towards the end of the song and you then can't control the tempo with the tccds. the pitch bend buttons and pitch slider on the controller with the tccds does not respond.

anyone having this happen to them from time to time using 4.3 and m audio connectiv?

Is this always at the end of the song? After about 9 minutes?

Disable "Browser Track" in VDJ timecode settings..

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 3:49 pm
Norway it does not always happen but when it dos most of the songs have been 9minute plus songs.

Gary. sounds like you hit it but what do I tweak? you mentioned tweaking but nothing specific.

To the other poster...it happens not just with the dn6000 but it happened saturday night on a guest gig using the pioneer cdj 1000s.

My 2nd to last son last night...towards the end I was playing a trance song at 132 and it started speeding up to its original 140bpm and I had no control of the right hand side on the dn6000 controller but I was able to play catchup on the left side.

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 7:01 pm

After 9 minutes BROWSER track hits in, which is a feature for VINYLS, where you can use the vinyls timecode to browse your music folder.

Look in your timecode config settings, and make sure the Browser Track is NOT on, also have smart mode on, it works best

See if that helps...

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 8:34 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Personally, i tweak the input level which is in my asio soundcard config. (I use a maya44usb)

I find just lowering or highering the input dpending on what CD players i'm using, will eventually give me 100% timecode signal.

As for smart mode, it was smart mode that initially gave me all my tccc problems. With a bit of help from Skyfxl though, i got it sorted and absolute mode works perfect for me.

Gary

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 10:08 pm
I have experienced this problem, too, using TCCD.

Here's what I have noticed:

I'll cue a beat track on deck 1, set a loop using the Virtual DJ instant loop control (i.e., 4 or 8 beats, usually).

On deck 2, I'll play a track and let deck 1 play the overlayed beats.

Somewhere in the middle of doing this, deck 1 pitch adjustment goes haywire, usually after 2 or 3 minutes.

The pitch indicator on the VDJ panel doesn't visually change, just the speed of playback.

NOTE: in all cases I've experienced this (to my recollection), I've used the seamless loop feature in virtual DJ, not the CD deck.

I had the Browser Track enabled at the time, and Smart Cue and Master Tempo settings were disabled. The TCCD track hadn't run out, however, it could have been >9min into the TCCD track, not sure here (I loop a long time), but I don't think it had gone that far in all cases.

I will try again with the Browser Track disabled and see if that helps and get back with you on that.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:35 am
owniebPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have similar problems. I bought Virtual Vinyl, and I'm using VDJ to run my denon dn-d6000 as well. The first few parties I did went VERY well, but then I starting getting a digitized warble every 10-20 seconds lasting only a split second. The TCCD % goes down to like 80 for that split second, and then comes back up to 100. It happens on both decks. I have no clue how I should "tweak" it, and my computer is new as of Jan, with a 1.6 core duo, 2 gig ram. I'm at a loss. I've also had similar problems with the slider. HELP! please...?

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 8:29 pm
I have no issuse with time coded cds. They play well on my Pioneer cdj 1000. When i try to hook up my time coded vinyls, only one side reads time code quality at 100 %. The other side reads at O % . i tried configuring everything but still no difference. The probelm sounds like it is coming from the sound card. I have a M-Audio Connectiv. Are there any special settings to be done on windows like disabling something so the the other wont interfere.

Mensajes Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 6:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)