Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Losing patience with lost database bpms etc..

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I use this much valued program every weekend but everytime I launch it my heart skips a beat afraid of what fantom problems will ensue.

I can attest that at every launch, somewhere along the way I have lost BPMs, cuepoints and length discriptives and it is becoming unbearably burdensome.

This past launch has pushed me over the edge and I feel I must cry out in anger with a raised fist. I hope this community can help me in my time of need.

Most of my video files are ripped to VOB files. I have some strays and internet downloads that are AVI, XVID, and MPG. Some audio files are MP3 and WAV.

I use a HP dv8000 laptop machine with the latest XP SP2 updates. I use a very relable external 120 GB WD Passport where all my files are stored.

The latest version of VDJ 4.3

My settings are mixed but predominantly default. If there is a setting you'd like to know about, merely ask.

I cannot understand how this program fails to save correctly after each use?! I dont know how many @$#%@$ hours I've spend creating cue points and anylizing BPM and lengths and having them vanish into thin air everytime I launch the program.

Can it be as simple as a custom skin cauzing this cluster f@#$?

I cannot thank you enough for any input you may be able to provide.

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 10:04 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
After you've analysed your music/videos, etc, save the database.xml (USERNAME) file to a seperate drive, i.e. away from your Program Files/VDJ. Do this before you close down your system. When you reboot, the information should still be there. If not, simply replace your xml file with the copy you have made and this should solve the problem.

There is a Database Updater Tool that might help you as well.

I've never used the updater tool so couldn't advise on the in's and out's, but i don't imagine it will be too hard to get your head round. Good luck.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 11:05 am
I lose my bpm data when I change to a different folder and that back to the one I just entered bpm's in.
Some stay kept, but about half get lost, and I have to re-analyze those lost ones again. This is all before I even close.

What would cause this, it is sort of a random thing with a random percentage of lost bpms that have to be redone?

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 3:37 pm
ashlarPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same here at times and that's why I am not backing up every 5 minutes and label it according to the time I saved it and all was working.

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 12:54 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I never lost a database, and I backup it after every gig/week, just simple copy/paste, how hard is that?
Use search a little on the forum, has been topics like 10000 times about it ;)

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 1:08 am
Yes, I see, and I DO backup my databases after every addition of music files. BUT
MY PROBLEM LIES IN THE FACT THAT i IMMEDIATELY LOSE FILES (oops on capitals)
after they are first analyzed and usually require 2 or 3 re-analyzing to get them all in before I close.
Once I get them all and close, I'm all set.

But what is causing mine to have to go through a double or triple procedure to finally get them all in?

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 5:45 pm
Probably some corrupted/odd file which confuses VDJ. Try to pinpoint which one is causing this.

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 10:44 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I think I understand.. When I am re-naming or analizing songs after every ten songs or so I shut down my programm and re-open it. All the changes I made are there. But if I analize/rename and dont closedown no new changes show. So try to do say five songs close and reopen your files. See if the changes are there. I hope this is what you ment, if not sorry.

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 11:51 pm
Tearemup you are taking a big risk by just closing down VDJ without actually saving the database first. You will find this out one day and be pissed about all the work you just did was lost. Make a Save_Database shortcut and use it. I use mine quite a bit and save that puppy somewhere safe cause you never know.

Mensajes Fri 04 May 07 @ 3:35 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Did you notice I do it every ten songs or so??? And VDJ saves the data base everytime I close it. If you save it everytime manually all you are doing, as far as I can determine (admitidly I am not a PC wizard) is sucking up disc space. I can rename a few files, renaming 100, yeah that would drive me crazy.....I hope it never happens to me. But that is the great thing about this forum, so we can all learn...right?

Mensajes Fri 04 May 07 @ 5:11 am
Yeah I saw that I was just pointing it out to users that may not know and end up scanning a whole folder and just shutting down VDJ only to end up losing all they have done :) And no you arent suckin up disc space as you are only saving to one file.

Mensajes Fri 04 May 07 @ 5:21 am
And I suggest again to do backup, just to be sure, that way you will have something when you need it ;)

Mensajes Fri 04 May 07 @ 2:55 pm
hey Alf/any VDJ pro, how the heck can one set the BPM on old tracks (eg disco) that changes pitch constatly? I remixed a few, but that sh..t takes forever.....

Mensajes Tue 17 Jul 07 @ 10:42 pm
Well, that is hard, you can use Manual tap option, but it will still not do what you want. I suggest to rely on your ears like in good old days ;)

Mensajes Wed 18 Jul 07 @ 12:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)