Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: How Do U Remove The Silence...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
for all of you playing mp3s...

how do you remove the silence at the beginning of the files so when they load in vdj and your using TCCDs it starts right on the downbeat instead of at the very beginning of the file with the silence?

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 6:09 am
I don't use TCCDs, so I am not sure. Would'nt you just use auto cue? You could also set the cue point yourself, so when the trax loads, it is at the spot you want. As I said, I am not sure this works with TCCD, but I bet I will find out, when others post.

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 6:24 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol @ im hoping to do the exact opposite (inserting a silence) when I use my ICDX's.

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 6:48 am
I do have auto cue on. when I used my dac3 they would go straight to the first cue so the songs I played a lot I got past the silce and set a cue point.

with TTCDs it isn't going to the first cue point with the songs that have cue point set at the beginning to get past the silence. when I hit the play button on the cd deck controller it starts with the beginning of the file.

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 9:51 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I use Sound Forge to remove silence, or you can use Nero Wave editor also.

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 2:29 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You can change the lead time in the timecode config window.

Reducing this reduces the amount of silence that is played before a track starts (so i'm told)

Gary

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:13 pm
l_rids wrote :
lol @ im hoping to do the exact opposite (inserting a silence) when I use my ICDX's.

I prefer having a short silence at the beginning actually :p

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:34 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If our timecode settings are on 'absolute', then I wouldn't be surprised it it goes back to the silence before...

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 4:32 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you are using absolute mode and cd, wouldn't you just cue the cd to where you want the track to start?

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 4:52 pm
I was trying to keep from having to do that Gary as I didn't have to do that with the DAC-3 once I loaded my cue point at the beginning of the track.

So basically, as others stated, I'm going to have to use SoundForge or the like to remove the silence with ALL the files I normally play? YIKES!

I guess this is the one area I wish the TCCDs would work like the DAC-3.

What I was trying to accomplish is like audio cds the promo only ones specifically where when you hit the play button you get the downbeat instead of a few frames/seconds of silence.

Anyway to accomplish that using the TCCDs?

Mensajes Thu 10 May 07 @ 1:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)