Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: New User with Questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So far I am digging my new software. However, there are a few questions. This is because with my old software I got used to doing things a certain way.

1. Sometimes I need to do a search by CD title. (like I can't remember the song, but it was on that movie soundtrack) Is there a way to have my search show cd titles?

2. Is there a way to expand the field to have it show length of song, or must I input that in the comments for every song?

3. When I am in automix mode...is there a way to set when the songs fade? If a song has a long outro or intro, it is automatically cutting that off...which in some instances is fine, but so far I have been using the auto mode, strictly for dinner and the transistions sound bad.

So far, most of my problems with the software have been user error. I need to retrain on using this tool. However, knowing the above would be helpful. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 3:40 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
1. As long as your mp3 ID tags have the album info in them, you can search by CD just fine. Just type the name of the cd in the search window, and all the right songs will come up.

2. There is a length column, you just have to drag it out right on the right hand side of the field headings. There are a lot of other columns there that you can leave collapsed though

3. Look in the options menu, there is a slider called 'fade length'

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 4:36 pm
Niems;
Thanks for the response.

I have been typing by cd, but they are not coming up...probably since i uploaded the music using another software...Virtual is not reading the tags.
2. I will look at the length column, never thought of that.
3. In options I put the slider to zero. Doesn't help. I notice that the software automatically puts in cue points. I have tried moving them...only to screw with the song while it was playing. Fortunately, when you are not in automix it is all manual.

Again, I appreciate your suggestions.

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 4:53 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I/H/L

you did'nt mention whether you had analysed your tunes as yet, if you have'nt it is best to do so as soon as possible, depending on the size of your mp3s and video collection it could take you some time to get through them, and if you have'nt that is one job i would'nt want to do again, and do'nt forget to save every so often.... best of luck...

Tayla

Mensajes Wed 09 May 07 @ 8:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)