Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Weeeeeeee : ) Total Control - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

TearEmUp wrote :
Quote :
I alway play with my mouse in public

Gee Paul...um..shouldnt you wait until you get home for that??? Or at least go into the bathroom.....lol

LOOOOLOLOLOLOL Rofl rofl rofl maaan.. Paul, u pervert! LOL ahah TearEmUp that was great, I'm still rofling =P

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:37 pm
does the total control come with all the stuff to connect to a laptop or do you need to buy things for it to connect properly thanks for info

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:41 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
For the US VDJ users, I also find this site that sells Numark Total Control as well as other goodies.
One thing I like about it that it gives easy payment options check it out.

http://www.americanmusical.com

I bought couple of things from them, good customer service.

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 2:47 pm
Dj Tolentino wrote :
begginer's questions now:

- Is Numark Total Control compatible with Virtual DJ in my computer?...
- How much does it cost? (in € plz)

completly compatible,,, $250.00

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:05 pm
DJBENZINO wrote :
does the total control come with all the stuff to connect to a laptop or do you need to buy things for it to connect properly thanks for info

It comes with a usb cable and that all you need..

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:09 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
Double O wrote :
@paulettecerra

Thanks for the info. I want to know if it has touch sensitive jog wheels? If it does, did you notice any delay?

OO

No it dosnt.. would be nice.

Thanks for the answer. Numark should call it “Almost Total Control.” Without touch sensitive jog wheels or some other kind of vinyl simulating jog wheels , you can’t have true “Total Control.” What a disappointment in my opinion!

OO

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 4:48 pm
Double O wrote :
paulettecerra wrote :
Double O wrote :
@paulettecerra

Thanks for the info. I want to know if it has touch sensitive jog wheels? If it does, did you notice any delay?

OO

No it dosnt.. would be nice.

Thanks for the answer. Numark should call it “Almost Total Control.” Without touch sensitive jog wheels or some other kind of vinyl simulating jog wheels , you can’t have true “Total Control.” What a disappointment in my opinion!

OO

I se what your saying.. It would be nice to have touch sensitive jog wheel and a headphone jack, but it’s only $250.. Not like the $500. For the v-100.. I would thing the next generation will have such features… The most attractive thing about it is you just plug it in and it work flawlessly..

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 5:00 pm
I guess you’re right about what you are getting for the price. However, I expected Numark to set a "New Mark" when it came out with this new controller. To put dated jog wheels on a new controller is not setting a "New Mark," which is what Numark suppose to be all about.

OO

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 5:11 pm
Wait a minute...No headphone jack? How do you listen to to your cue (next coming song) or program (what crowd hears)? I should be receiving my Total Control in the next few hours (just checked the ups tracker), should I even unpack this thing or send it back? I need a professional mixer/midi controller... I bought the Total Control assuming it was the best option to work with the Virtual Vinyl (Cue) software. There are pass (through) connections on the VV box and it has a powered AC adapter so im assuming you can use it to play normal CD's/Records when not wanting to use the program. ie. you have a favorite record and you don't have it on your computer, you switch to the pass (through) slider on your mixer and use that record, bypassing the computer program. I do this all the time using Serato. How would you hear that if there is no headphone jack on the mixer? Ill check it out when I get this thing. <worried>

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 5:35 pm

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 5:46 pm
It's meant to be a just a controller/mixer for VDJ only.. I plan on using the headphone cue directly from the sound card and us something to boost the volume.. I was thinking of picking up a pair of cheep pc speaker and rip them apart to use the guts so I have a volume control.. Direct sound to headphone from a sound card is week when you in a room with blasting music...

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:05 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
It's meant to be a just a controller/mixer for VDJ only.. I plan on using the headphone cue directly from the sound card and us something to boost the volume.. I was thinking of picking up a pair of cheep pc speaker and rip them apart to use the guts so I have a volume control.. Direct sound to headphone from a sound card is week when you in a room with blasting music...

It does have a headphone volume knob and a headphone cue mix knob.. I quickly when through the controls and will be testing it later and this weekend live..
If your looking for a V-100 controller, this isn’t it.. Don’t even come close.

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:09 pm
What is the purpose of having headphone controls without having a headphone jack? I can only assume that it allows you to control the sound from the soundcard that's used for monitoring.

OO

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:17 pm
What's the cross fader like? Is it sturdy? I ask because I want to scratch with vinyl but is it too laggy for this for proper scratching?

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:26 pm
Double O wrote :
What is the purpose of having headphone controls without having a headphone jack? I can only assume that it allows you to control the sound from the soundcard that's used for monitoring.

OO

You can control the headphone volume as you would on a mixer.. Your headphone jack is on your sound card… But,, my experience with this is that sound card don’t have a lot of push to really drive the volume..
And if your using an external mixer then it sill controls the headphone volume from the controller if you like

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:31 pm
RishDizzle wrote :
What's the cross fader like? Is it sturdy? I ask because I want to scratch with vinyl but is it too laggy for this for proper scratching?

It doesn’t have any input.. It's just a controller that allows you to work VDJ.. No more, no less
The cross fader seems fine and if it ever breaks, then Numark better replace it.. They do advertise scratching so they must have put it through the ringer..

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 6:37 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I just got mine about an hour ago. It is way better than the BCD2junkie box. Numark also sells a USB soundcard (100.00USD) with headphone output called the DJ i/o. I coud be wrong but Numark is probably thinking that if you have a sound card you would not buy the Total Control. If you do need a soundcard you would purchase the DJ i/o. So far, admiting its only been an hour of playing, I like it. The one thing I have missed already is a "Nudge" or "Bump" button. you either need to use the one on screen or use the pitch control. I noticed immediatly more room on my desk, I was using the BCD. The scratch wheels are nice, very smooth, and the crossfader is well away from them so the odds of bumping them are slim. Also the ability to switch, and play, effects and samples from the TC is very nice, and much appreciated. Also a master volume is on the controller, mapped to the master on the VDJ skin, where it did not work on the BCD. So far I give it a solid B+.

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 10:28 pm
Missed my shipment today :(

B+...Thats not that bad.

Mensajes Fri 18 May 07 @ 12:37 am
trez777Home userMember since 2006
a quick question to evryone - i have a mk1 (old herc) and i wanted to use that as my soundcard instead of getting a new soundcard. would that work with numark total control? the setup is going to be like the total control controlling vdj/cue then the mk1 functions as my soundcard so i could get the left/right rcas and plug 'em to my external mixer. would that work? is there a function in vdj that would allow me to use the mk1 only as a soundcard?

Mensajes Fri 18 May 07 @ 2:50 pm
I was going to ask the same question... I hoping that I can go pro tomarrow afternoon and with a learning curve of a couple of hours, I should be in the club by 8:00 for setup.

Mensajes Fri 18 May 07 @ 5:05 pm
43%