Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: First look at Numark's DMC2!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had considered buying the Numark DMC2 which had scheduled to be released last Monday. I called the mega DJ catalog superstore to buy one and was told they were awaiting shipment from Numark and was probably delayed for several weeks. Bummer :(

Well, today I got a pleasant surprise when the UPS man knocked on my door for a special shipment. Behold, it was the DMC2.

I quickly unpacked it from it\'s careful triple box wrapping and got a wiff of the sweet smell of new electronics. I held it in my hands for a few minutes inspecting it\'s every button and surveying the surface. At first glance, it is almost an exact clone of the CDN-90 controller. But this is no CD controller.

Just as quicklyI unpacked the unit, I had to put it away, since I had a meeting with a client within the hour. So my date with the DMC2 had to wait for the evening.

Later that evening, I anxiously plugged it in my laptop (my normal rig) to get it started. Just like the manual had explained, the unit was plug and play and within seconds, Windows had found the hardware and was ready to use, unlike my DAC 2 which tool several hours to download and install the drivers.

Then I launched VDJ and the unit came to life. I won\'t bore with the details, but needless to say I was happy to see that every button was mapped directly to the most important functions. The layout was intuitive and easy. However, accessing the diffrent jog wheel modes did take a little getting used to. I\'m sure that will come with time.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchased and look forward to taking it for a spin on an actual event. If you guys want, I caould upload some pictures and give you a full review as soon as my gig is over this Saturday. I can\'t really tell you much since I\'ve only had about an hours worth of playing time.

Laters.

Mensajes Fri 11 May 07 @ 9:52 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Looks nice, looking forward to se your review of this unit!

Mensajes Fri 11 May 07 @ 10:00 am
I would look forward to your pictures and review. I think I will buy one also, because my DVinyl2020 died last gig :-(
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 3:42 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
noooooo. thats been doing you proud for ages hasnt it. remember all your old setup pics having it in!

out with the old, in with the new!

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 5:26 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
when I got the first pre-production unit I made this video

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 6:51 pm
@Cyder -> Nice!

(offtopic)
@Xeo, yes I used that unit for a couple of years and I loved it: The buttons were good, built in sound card and no (for me) useless controls like crossfaders, channel faders and eq buttons.
But suddenly last Saturday both the displays were not working anymore. The back lights are ok, but it seems like that all characters etc are on holiday. Last week I tried it on my backup pc and the same. So last Friday and Saturday I tried again without luck. The sound card and buttons are still working, but when de dmc2 is available at Thomann (A store in Germany where Im buying most of my equipment) I will get one.
The pictures will stay in my blog!
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 10:26 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
sorry to hear that, thoman does indeed kick ass for us europeans!

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 1:56 am
nearly 500€ quite expensive:-(

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 1:06 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
But it is a good quality ;)

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 2:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)