Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: O/T Can you believe this crap

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I needed some advice on a DIY forum about tiling as the woman has me doin all sorts of house work before the baby is born (July) and the topic of my post over there was "Am I Screwed, Thinset question"
So I get a PM from the Super moderator that I recieved 2 points against me and am limited in what I can do on the forum. Now I have only writted maybe 60 posts there and have never said anything wrong. What is this world coming to when the word Screwed is bad?????? Can someone tell me this???

Mensajes Sat 12 May 07 @ 8:57 pm
that is ridiculous .....congrats on the baby, your gonna have a happy busy summer .........

Mensajes Sat 12 May 07 @ 9:38 pm
which post was it?

sounds like u just caught a mod on a bad day.

Mensajes Sat 12 May 07 @ 11:24 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sounds like the wife don't mind, so i would'nt worry about anybody else, congrats and good health to your new addition to the family...let us know when it arrives and we've got an excuse to go out and toast the babys head "all around the world" now what child will ever be able to say that....

Tayla

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:14 am
you know those mods ..... D_OH

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:16 am
Yeah but the word Screwed... cmon thats a little to picky. And thanks guys.

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:35 am
Here is the post

Am I ******* Tile Question (Title Edited)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have been lazy lately and finially I decide (WELL THE OL LADY DECIDED) its time to finish the tiling job I started 2 months ago. I have one side of the divided kitchen done already (laundry area). Now 2 months ago I went with Mapai Ultraflex 2 for the install And used their grout as well. So today I go to Lowes and they changed over to Laticrete. So now here is the question as these are kinda 2 seperate rooms is this gonna be a problem. Now I got real lucky as there was one store in the area that still had the grout to match the other room. Which is a better product?? I got all the Hardibacker done with what was left of the Ultraflex underneith, as long as it is all dry will it matter that I am using 2 different brands???? Thanks in advance

Here is the PM, and the kick in the butt is the fact that the mods I tried to PM don't allow PMs

Dear discobrian,

You have received an infraction at DoItYourself.com Community Forums.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?p=1171298

Reason: Inapropreate Wording
-------
Your posts title was edited. Poor choice of word(s) used. Watch what you say and be mindful of the word(s) used. Our web site is staffed by professionals whom donate their time to helping other members. Members come to our site to obtain answers to their questions from our professionals. Members do not come to our site to see or read poorly chosen word(s) like those you used.

Management Staff.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:39 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you BADDDDDD boy, go wash your mouth out...

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:44 am
lol

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:47 am
TOILET mouth LOL !

brian relax ..... they are prissy to the point of being funny actually i think

edit ..... i just noticed the bit about the professionals " whom "

can't make the tenses in their grammar agree !

maybe they can get a professional proofreader or not

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
pathetic ott moderation lol

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 1:58 am
uhh ... they sure use the word member a lot ......

freud woulda had a field day with that ...... maybe they just have a trowel stuck up their drainpipe

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 2:09 am
well the punishment's not so bad ...... you coulda been stuck between floors in an elevator full of life insurance salesman

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 4:24 am
Some people reckon words like "Flipping" and "Blooming" and "Ruddy" (as in "Ruddy hell") - and even words like hell are offensive. Even the word "crap" is considered offensive to some people!

So - what would a moderator who finds words like "crap" offensive would do if he saw the name of the inventor of the flush toilet (the inappropriate name of Dr Thomas Crapper)? He would make it read,, after editring "Dr Thomas *%$£*er", or something - put a load of percent signs, ampersands, dollar signs, pound signs and asterisks in place of the letters.

I just say Barry Manilow - it means the same thing!

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 11:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)