Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Time control drops out. Maya44

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am using the demo version. I have serato vinyls. I have a 1.4ghz 512 ram laptop. Went through and set everything, and scratching is perfect. Then after about 15-20mins, it stops reading the vinyls and just does what it wants. The turntables spin(in vdj) just like what im doing with my hands on my real tables. But the music isnt following what im doing if that makes sense. The songs just start playing on their own and "ignoring" what the tcv is doing.

I noticed that my laptop was getting a little warm. Is there a safe mode that ignores the tcv when its getting close to a crash or something?

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 11:32 pm
sound card is a maya 44usb btw.

Mensajes Sun 13 May 07 @ 11:35 pm
its generally the right deck. I went into the settings, and switched the right and left inputs left = deck 2 instead of 1, and then switched it back. Then it started workin

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 12:57 am
Hi,

Sounds like your soundcard is going to sleep on you. Sometimes windows can be configured so that usb devices automatically turn off by themselves! If you know how, have a check on any power management options you've got in windows. If not, post here and somebody will give you a few pointers.

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 7:55 am
thanks andy. I checked my power settings and turned it to always on. but couldnt find anything about usb

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 10:22 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Sometimes windows can be configured so that usb devices automatically turn off by themselves!

I didn't know that!!

I had a similar issue with using the Serato SL-1 Soundcard and... for whatever reason... always the right turntable.

It being USB makes more sense why this may be a contributing factor...

I ended up putting in Delta 44 soundcards and haven't had that problem since... in fact the sound output is much better and has never had a drop out of timecode signal.

Must be a USB thing... hmmmm....

Even they just recently released them out... I wonder if anyone has had a same problem with the Numark Virtual Vinyl soundcard?

Mensajes Mon 14 May 07 @ 10:56 am
Noone else has had this problem? It seems more like just the right deck, and seems to work, then drag another song on, and no response. But if the soundcard is going to sleep why does VDJ still show the turntable rotating exactly as i am spinning it but the song is completely ignoring what the deck is doing

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 5:36 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Have you got the newest drivers installed for the MAYA?

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 6:37 am
let's just say the maya is kind of crappy... When it works it's ok. But I've heard a lot of people having problems with it. Everything from causing the CPU to make weird spikes every 10 to fiftenth seccond, to pops and crackles. Personally I've experienced pops and dropouts. It seems it is very picky when it comes to usb ports...

You can try using a PCMCIA usb2 adapter card if you have a laptop. I actually had to do this, as well as getting a USB hub to get proper powering... and disable my laptops usb-outputs. Cumbersome, to say the least.

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 7:15 am
where are the drivers i should be using?

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 9:55 am
Ok i had 2.5, i found 2.5.5. But I still dont see what drivers have to do with it, if i stop the turntable, and the turntable stops in VDJ on the screen, but the music keeps playing?

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 10:29 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm getting my Maya in a few days I'll let you know what I see

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 10:35 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't want to sound like i'm stating the obvious, but its always worth checking the power options within the power options so to speak. 'Always On' may just be a power scheme that can be modified, therefore its called 'Always On' but the settings may have been changed at some point.

Also there are normally dual options within the settings, one for battery and one for mains power.

Gary

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 12:21 pm
mitchythekid wrote :
Went through and set everything, and scratching is perfect. Then after about 15-20mins, it stops reading the vinyls and just does what it wants. The turntables spin(in vdj) just like what im doing with my hands on my real tables. But the music isnt following what im doing if that makes sense. The songs just start playing on their own and "ignoring" what the tcv is doing.

I fixed that by going to registry and changing the key "timecoded end position to 999999999"
I dont' know the exact path, i'm @ work right now. But I had the same problem. If you ask me, I think it was a limitation so SSL users can just try it for a while.

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 5:43 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This problem has nothing to do with USB or hardware by the way...

Check the registry setting. It acts as a limited 'buffer' of sorts

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Virtual DJ\TimeCodeEndPos1 or TimecodeEndPos2

Mensajes Tue 15 May 07 @ 5:52 pm
It says Timecodedendpos1 and 2 0x016b5f70 (2381400)

Mensajes Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:04 am
I changed the value to 99999999 and we'll see how it works when i get home from work. Thanks

Mensajes Wed 16 May 07 @ 12:18 am
Ok, I think i got it, i was just on it for 30mins or so and it didnt do it once. But now, when the left deck is spinning the timecode, and its faded to the right deck and the right deck is off, there are strange noises coming through the right channel, and the right play button is flickering. Both turntable grounds are to the soundcard.

Mensajes Thu 17 May 07 @ 10:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)